$65,000 in maintenance
Exceptionally well maintained & fully fish rigged Egg Harbor 43
Sportfish is now available and priced to sell. Her sportfishing heritage
is plain to see from the outriggers to the fighting chair in the well
laid out cockpit. Over $65k in maintenance and upgrades in the last
three years alone! Please click on the Full Specs tab for more details.
This is a boat that's regularly used, not one that's been sitting in a
marina for years with no attention. All of the typical repairs you'd
expect to make on a vessel of this vintage have already been done and
Upgrades & Restorations
- Front salon windows removed, filled and fiberglassed. Teak wood panels/trim finish on the inside and gelcoat on the outside.
equipment operating salon side windows in aluminum tracks that were
prone to leakage were replaced with fixed black tinted glass windows.
New side wall panels and window trim were installed and finished to
match the interior.
- Starboard side entertainment center added when the front windows were glassed in.
- New countertops and second sink removed at the bar.
- Single piece teak covering boards replace the originals
- Cockpit repainted, all fixtures removed and rebed, and salon/cockpit bulkhead refinished
- Rub rails removed, rebed and remounted
Salon features an extended couch with internal rod storage and
integrated sofa bed, custom swivel chair and peninsula bar stools,
custom teak expandable salon table, custom built entertainment center
with flat screen tv, and separate AC unit with digital controls and
multispeed fan settings. Berber carpet and teak galley flooring. One
step down galley with refrigerator/freezer, convection oven microwave,
three burner stove top and oversized sink.
Engines were rebuilt in 2003 after the owners first season with the boat with 809 original hours. Johnson & Towers did the rebuild and also installed stainless steel 30 degree dry turbo exhaust elbows from Marine Exhaust Systems. Since the rebuild the engines have been maintained by a J&T mechanic with the owner present. Regular maintenance includes:
- Oil, oil filters and fuel filters changed every 100 hours
- Fresh water impellers replaced every two years
- Cooling systems flush every three years
- Antifreeze replaced every three years
- Belts and hoses replaced every five years
- Engines tuned every three years. Last completed in June 2017
Additional maintenance includes port starter replaced April 2009, port and starboard air coolers rebuilt March 2017, port and starboard heat exchangers replaced September 2017, rebed struts, checked shafts and tuned props March 2017
Bridge features Furuno radar and color sounder, auto pilot, Garmin touch
screen GPS and a Uniden VHF radio. Also has old school Loran, flood
light control and stereo. New EZ2C enclosure replaces the old
isinglass. The old canvas top has been replaced and the a mate shade
for the cockpit was also installed.
All tools, fishing equipment and personal belongings are excluded from the sale.