Bargain Priced 2 stateroom/2 Head Kha shing 40 Vista with Great Lliveaboard/Cruising Potential . . BIG Layout for 40'
Good Condition 40' Kha Shing Vista Trawler/Motoryacht, powered by Twin 165 Volvos (2850 Hrs) , (Very clean engine room)Hardtop covered Aft Deck, 2 Staterooms, Large salon, Galley and dinette down and priced in a very attractive price range. She needs a few things tended to but in very good condition overall inside and out. Clean Engine Room. EXCELLENT LIVEABOARD OR GREAT LOOP POTENTIAL ! !
She needs a few things tended to but in very good condition overall inside and out. Could use haulout, Fresh Bottom Paint, Hull wax top down and a few odds and ends are in need of repair. If you're in the market for a Reasonably priced, well constructed Trawler/Motoryacht to Liveaboard or Cruise, DEFINITELY take a look at this boat.
Powerboat Guide Report
Certainly one of the more popular Taiwan imports, the Kha Shing 40, better known as the Spindrift 40 Motoryacht on the West coast and the Vista 40 or Southern Star 40 MY on the East coast. She's a competent semi-displacement sundeck trawler with a solid fiberglass hull, shallow keel and a modern profile. Over 120 of these have been sold into the US Market and most have been delivered with a 2 stateroom interior layout with galley and dinette down and a lower helm station in the salon. The interior is light teak and the cabinetry and joinerwork are impressive. With her wraparound cabin windows and excellent headroom, the salon of the 40 Ka Shing is quite open in spite of all the teak wood. Notable features include deck access pocket door beside the lower helm station, secure side decks,varnished teak handrails and a roomy master stateroom whose dimentsions are quite impressive for a 40'er. Outside , the covered aft deck is fairly spacious with pently of room to furnish to one's taste for additional outdoor living space . Economical and capable of slightly greater than trawler speeds most of the 40 Ka Shings were powered with economical twin 165 HP Volvo diesels.
Walkthough Accommodations & Equipment
Accommodations, Galley and Salon
As you enter the cabin into the salon there is a leather recliner to port are a leather recliner to starboard. Originally there was a convertible futon to port but current arrangement worked better for owner's lifestyle. The lower helm station is forward and to starboard in the salon and there is a pilot door there to access to starboard side deck. Aft is the master cabin with Queen walkaround berth, ensuite head and stall shower, a couple of full length hanging lockers, plenty of drawer and locker storage and teak and holly sole. Forward of the salon and down to starboard is a convertible dinette and to port is the galley with Full size refrigerator/freezer, sink, microwave, stove and oven and great storage. There are forward windows overlooking the galley and dinette which are covered by a sunbrella privacy cover and, when cover removed , galley and dinette area are really saturated with natural light and really opens up the boat to the outside. There is a second head forward of the galley with head and hand held shower and forward in the bow is the guest stateroom is a sink with mirrired medicine cabinet. the forward stateroom has a vee berth with an an additional overhead berth to port.
Interior woodwork is very nice condition teak joinerwork with teak and holly soles throughout with no evidence of any major leaking however, there is some wood staining around the lower helm pilot door on the port side of the salon.
Galley and Salon
- Full size AC/DC fridge/freezer ( Approximately 4 years old)
- Double stainless steel sink
- Filtered pressure hot water
- Princess 3 burner stove and oven
- Microwave oven
- Convertible dinnette
- Full Lower Helm station with Starboard deck access door
- 2 Leather recliners
- Coffee table
Flybridge and Aft Deck
The large command bridge includes a swivel captains seat at the helm, with benches flanked to each side. As is the aft deck, the bridge is fully enclosed for all weather boating.
The Kha Shing's roomy aft deck will accommodate your choice of deck furnishings and does include an entertainment center and wet bar, as well as teak decking that extends to the sidedecks and foredeck.
Deck and Hull
- Flybridge Bimini top and Enclosure
- Aft deck Hardtop
- Aft Deck canvas enclosure (In storage/ Not seen)
- Maxwell ( All chain or Chain and rode)
- Flybridge seating with cushions
- Aft deck wet bar with ice maker
- Dinghy Cradle on Aft Deck Hardtop
- Transom shower (Hot and Cold)
- Swim platform with ladder
- Windshield cover
- Teak hand rails with covers
- Aft Deck is Teak and appears to be in good condition
- Minimal exterior teak/ Varnished Handrails in good shape
Engines and Mechanical Systems
- Twin Volvo TAMD40-B/ 160 HP Volvo engines with Approx 2850 Hours
- Engine fresh water cooling system
- 2 Reverse cycle air conditioning systems (1 not functioning)
- Racor fuel filters
- Sea strainers
- Engine temp. and low oil pressure alarms
- Electrical bonding system
- Hot water tank
- Heat exchanger to make Hot H20 from engine ( 5 years old)
- AC/DC electrical system
- Westerbeke 8KW Generator with Soundshield/ 1881 Hours Use
- 2 30 amp Dockside Cables
- Battery charger
- Voltage regulator
- Hot Water Heater
- Heat exchanger to make Hot water from engine ( 5 years old)
- Garmin 3010 color plotter, sounder and Radar ( Radar not functioning per seller)
- VHF Radio on bridge and ( New uninstalled) Remote Handset in Cabin
- Stereo system
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.