"Journey" is one of the finest Ocean Alexander 72's on the market. She has a great owner history and has been maintained in impeccable shape. The Engines have extended warranties to June 2025 and the exterior gel coat is like new.
"Journey" comfortably sleeps six in the main part of the boat with three ensuite staterooms plus a crew cabin aft with a full bathroom for a captain or extra guests.
She has many custom features that make her a rare opportunity for the most discriminating buyer, and is easy to show in Fort Lauderdale.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Bryan Long Yachts Inc. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
From the moment you board the Journey, you realize everything has been extremely well maintained, she has a beautiful painted finish that looks new with teak decks that have been designed to be able to get all around the vessel with ease, beginning with the boarding gates on each side and full walk around side decks.
The aft has a full wet bar with sink, refrigerator and a 32" flip down TV with DVD player if needed for entertainment. Once aboard the aft deck, you have both bench and several occasional chairs around a large table enough to accommodate dinner for 8 people.
Journey has 4 cabins in total, which include 3 cabins in the main part of the boat and a cabin aft for crew or additional guests. The boat comfortably sleeps 6 guests in 3 cabins, including a large full beam master cabin that you can access from a private staircase located off the main salon. The 2 other guest cabins are located forward of the lower helm and both are ensuite. You also have a separate crew accommodations ensuite aft which is complete with a full bath.
When you walk, with ease, through the electric aluminum and glass sliding doors from the aft to the salon, you will see the expansive windows in the salon where you have a L shaped settee and a captains chair opposite along with a pop up flatscreen TV on a lift for your entertainment. You have, on port side, a private staircase that leads down to the full beam master stateroom ensuite.
Moving forward from the main salon, you take 2 steps up to the true gathering place aboard the boat, the galley and helm station, which has ample seating around a good sized table.
Next to the lower helm, you then have a staircase that leads down to the 2 additional guest suites. The VIP cabin is all the way forward which features a custom sized centerline queen mattress. The 2nd cabin features over/under bunk arrangement and both are ensuite with the smaller bath doubling as the "day head" for guests.
Your second access point to the flybridge is a set of stairs that lead from the galley with a easy flip open glass door to the flybridge.
The flybridge has a second helm with all instrumentation as below, 2 mechanical helm chairs along with a large table and full bar with sink, refrigerator and 3 adjustable bar stools and teak flooring to make your entertaining flow with ease. There is also a 32" flip down TV with DVD player, and an electric cooktop. Further aft is the davit and nice size tender.
Mechanically, she also has a Fuel Polishing System and Oil Changing System, and an additional Kohler 23 KW genset generator. The fresh water system has been upgraded with a Sea Recovery 900 GPD Water Maker.
Docking the Journey comes with ease with the many upgraded features for the owner or captain, which includes having easy access to get around the boat by having full walk around decks and the flip open door to the pilothouse and the electric sliding glass door from salon to the back deck along with heavy duty corner cleats at both sides of the Euro transom. There are also two control stations, one on the flybridge and the other in pilothouse with complete engine instrumentation lit up with modern switches and a Kahlenberg heavy duty horn if needed. The pilot house has all the navigation equipment you have down below. The hydraulic bow and stern thrusters give you everything you need to dock safely and comfortably. Other features for ease of docking include hydraulic key power stabilizer control for thruster, wireless yacht remote control, second stabilizer monitor on the flybridge, ACR searchlight with 2 remotes both on flybridge and pilothouse.
Upgrades and features
- 5 year extended engine warranties go to 2025
- AIS Vessel monitoring system
- 2nd Kohler 23 KW Generator (2nd one is an upgrade)
- Watermaker Sea Recovery 900 ga per day
- Gulf Coast Fuel Polisher
- Oil Changing System
- 2nd Stabilizer monitor on FB
- Aft Deck plug in engine controls
- Enclosed bridge surrounded with 24,000 BTU'S A/C
- Teak deck on bridge under hard top
- EPIRB Auto Release
- Internet Modem and booster
- Mounted Hard Top
- 8 person life raft
- Teak deck chairs and lounge chairs
- Gypsy awning on FB that covers back deck for shade
- 3 Underwater lights
- Wired Yacht Controller Remote
- Foot Activated Salon to Aft Door button for ease of door opening
- Phantom Screens on doors
- FB has Hardtop and flip open fixed glass door from lower helm
- FB has 2 Stidd Mechanical Helm Chairs
- Electric Aluminum and Glass Sliding Door to Salon from Aft with button and foot opening button
- Granite Wet Bar with sink, bar and refrigerator on FB and bar stools
- Granite Wet Bar with sink and refridgerator on aft
- Ice maker in Salon
- ACR Searchlight
- 3 Underwater lights
- Flybridge seating with teak decks under hardtop
- Teak deck on aft deck and walkway to midship
- Teak on steps and swim platform
- Boarding gates on port & stbd sides
- Heavy Duty corner Cleats on both sides of Euro transom
- U Shaped Rails on swim platform
- Lighted OA Logo
- Sunpad on Bow
- Custom exterior canvas and windshield mesh covers
- Anchor cover
- Electric cooktop on FB
- FB can be air conditioned and has Lexan Windscreen
- Flip Down 32" TV with DVD on flybridge and Aft seating area
- Pilothouse and lower helm are same electronics
- Ritchie Compass 5"
- VHF radio is ICOM M506 VHF DSC
- Furuno Nav pilot Auto pilot
- Maretron multi function gauge panel for wind
- Furuno navnet system with six displays, charts,
- Furuno sonar (depth) & Furuno Radar
- ACR RCL 100D spotlight
- Engine Controls, single lever
- FB has stabilizer monitor
- Wired yacht controller remote
- Custom Manufactured thick veneer wood flooring
- L Shaped dinette with chart drawer under sunken and extended dash with instrumentation
- Wood table top with storage cabinet under windshield defrosters
- Weathertight pantograph doors to side deck
- 2 helm seats with One Llebroc mechanical helm seat
- Custom design pilot station
- Navigation equipment (see electronics section)
- King size Berth
- Enlarged tinted windows with custom engineering
- Custom cedar lined closet
- Granite marble shower floor and granite shower seat
- Storage under bed
- Granite Counter top at TV cabinet
- Private head with shower stall "ensuite"
- Bureau w chest of drawers
- Two nightstands with counter top
- Ultra leather-upholstered headboard
- Entire space air conditioned with full height storage on starboard
- Flip berth space can accommodate a double berth bed or can be for additional storage, when flipped up, provides 6'x6'x3' full height storage space
- Sink with storage cabinetry, separate head and one piece design for a mildew/leak proof shower stall with retractable stairs to provide easier access to head and shower stall
- Fiberglass hull bottom with white vinyl rub railings with SS insert bronze through hull fittings.
- Vinylester resin with marine grade structural foam. High density allows for high temperature resistivity and particular advantage in thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Reinforced Collison Bulkhead
- Fiberglass with infusion lamination manufacturing technology
- SS Hardware
- 2" elliptical 316 Stainless Steel Handrails & stanchions, main deck and 11/2"on Fly Bridge.
- Elliptical conforms better to human grip rather than traditional round rails. Provides greater "grip strength"for safety and comfort (Unique OA feature)
- Ocean Alexander employs various techniques to reduce sound and vibration through various proprietary techniques of controlling sound and transmission noise.
- Weathertight bulkheads with further sound and temperature insulation.
- Marine Grade aluminum beams for floors, walls and ceiling. Provides greater rigidity and monolithic structure and solidness while underway.
- Use of crossknit directional with carbon fiber in high stress areas for added structural integrity.
- DECK & PILOTHOUSE
- Chain locker in bow with hinged access and removable swim ladder
- Port and Starboard boarding gates, Ventilation hatch forward, trunk top fiberglass with staircase to Fly Bridge
- Fiberglass swim platform w Euro transom
- 2 Caterpillar C18 Acert 1150HP
- 2 Control Stations: FB & PH with complete engine instrumentation with lighted, modern switches
- Electric throttle and shift controls for engines with single levers for each
- Engine Alarm System (oil and temperature)
- Intake / Exhaust fans with demister to eliminate moisture from the intake airflow to keep machinery dry.
- Adjustable/Reversible Delta T fans for engine exhaust located on superstructure instead of hull side. Maximizes water protection and salt spray, resulting in safer and lower maintenance ownership. (Unique OA Feature).
- Wet exhaust and including water temperature, oil pressure, hour meter and start/stop controls in engine room and remote start / stop controls in pilothouse.
- SS engine beds
- SS rail on side of engines
- 2 Generators (Kohler 23W Genset) with fuel/water separators, mounted and installed with sound shield & vibration dampener.
- Hydraulic steering system with SS Rudders and bronze struts w cutlass bearings.
- Zincs on rudders and shafts
- High performance, computer design and machined class "S" propellers Two Stidd mechanical helm seats on FB (white x2)
- One Stidd mechanical helm seat in pilothouse
- Hydraulic Windlass, Maxwell VWLP3500C
- Stainless Steel plow type anchor 80 lbs w 300 ft anchor chain (3/8" HT) & Chain stopper Chain counter
- Handsfree anchor chain wash system - allows for cleaning of chain during anchor operation
- Hydraulic Bow Thruster (25 HP) and Stern (15HP) Hydraulic Keypower Stabilizer (6 Sq ft x 2) Control for thruster
- Dripless engine shaft seal logs and rudderposts
- Color coded piping for fuel, water and hydraulic systems
- Fireboy MA21500 FE241
- Hydraulic Steelhead ES1500 lbs. davit
- Fire Extinguisher system with engine shutdown feature
- Ocean Alexander proprietary "dry bilge ventilation system" with dedicated bilge exhaust to outside. This provides constant airflow to keep the bilges dry and mildew free. Any moisture from condensation is evacuated outside the yacht to keep a clean and healthy cruising environment.
- Sea Recovery TM 900 Ga/day water maker.
- Kahlenberg TM Heavy Duty air horn.
- Steel Head Marine ES 100 Crane for Zodiac w Yamaha Dingy
- FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- 2 mm thickness 316 SS water tank w sight gauge fresh water outlet with hose for engines & generators fresh water wash down, at bow & stern & boat deck Dockside water connection
- HOT WATER HEATER
- 1 40 gallon water heater with high density fiberglass insulation w high efficiency heating element
- FUEL SYSTEM
- 4.5mm thickness 5052 Aluminum fuel tanks with sight gauges
- Dual Racor fuel/water separator with Yvalves for engine & generator
- Both side fillers for fuel tanks
- Flame arrestor installed in fuel system (designed to prevent ignition of fumes during fueling/heavy operation)
- Fuel system with venting and "catchment system" designed for burps or overflow accidents.
- Common drainage system for bar sink, shower, bilge & exterior deck Bilge pump in forward and aft of engine room
- Automatic bilge pump with manual and automatic switches in each space as divided by weathertight bulkheads. High water alarms mounted in each bilge zone
- 24V Shower sump pumps
- 1 manual bilge pump
- Dry bilge area in center of engine room
- Starboard side granite countertops
- Kenyon ceramic glass cooktop
- Jenn Air Stainless Refrigerator side by side with bottom freezer
- Twin stainless steel deep well sink
- Jenn Air microwave and dishwasher
- Garbage disposal
- Keurig coffee maker
- Abundant storage in galley
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.