Preliminary listing subject to owner's approval
Summer Dream is like brand new, a pristine example of the Hans Christian Explorer. The design is the ninth design in Chuck Paine's acclaimed Bermuda series in collaboration with Tony Seibert, the lead designer for the Hylas 49. Truly a yacht conceived, engineered and constructed for serious offshore passage-making and extended living aboard. She is large enough to take you anywhere in the world in comfort and safety, and small enough to be handled easily by a couple in their later years.
The Hans Christian Offshore Explorer was designed as a rugged, blue water sailboat fully capable of circumnavigating the world while offering luxury and comfort that can be appreciated out at sea or on a coastal cruise. She has a shoal draft of 6' and is one of the highest performance cruising sailboats ever built. She thrives in big seas and will cruise at 8 to 10 knots in almost any sea state.
Summer Dream features the three stateroom, two head layout with top quality construction. This ideal, bluewater passage maker has a bow thruster. She has watertight bow and stern areas with reinforced Kevlar and E-glass. 2/3 skeg hung “sacrificial” rudder, oversized standing rigging. There are deck lockers that you can really store items in, a 75hp Yanmar with low hours, Xantrex 1800 watt inverter, 180 gallons of fuel, and 270 gallons of water. She is low maintenance above deck with exquisite joinery below - a rare high quality vessel.
- Bottom painted April 2018
A personal inspection is highly recommended.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Jordan Yacht and Ship Co.. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
This is a three stateroom layout with large forward guest stateroom, second guest stateroom to port and head and shower to starboard. Next aft is the main saloon with fixed table and wrap around seating for eight. The fore and aft settee is on starboard.
Galley is down to port, navigation is forward facing to starboard. Double walk through with starboard separate shower area. Large master stateroom aft with centerline queen berth. Beautifully designed by Hans Christian with solid teak stathing.
- Master stateroom aft with large centerline queen berth
- Two heads each with separate shower, sink, and marine toilet
- Chart table
- Large salon with dinette
- Second guest stateroom with two single bunk beds
- Forward stateroom with double berth
- Nine LED reading lamps 2018
Guest Stateroom Forward
The forward stateroom with V berth and en suite head is a truly luxurious guest room with two large hatches, four operable ports and cowl vent for excellent ventilation. It includes a bureau, hanging locker and settee.
- V berth 6' 10" in length
- 6' 4" headroom
- Westmarine shower sump pump forward head 2018
- Grohe faucet 2018
Second Guest Stateroom
The port cabin features an oversized sliding door as well as a passageway sliding door opposite the mast that, when closed, provides complete privacy between the head and port cabin. It has a large hatch, two operable ports, and a cowl vent for ventilation.
The bunkboard slides out to make a berth 6' 8" in length.
Master Stateroom Aft
The aft master stateroom with 6'4" headroom, two hatches, two operable ports, and two cowl vents, together with its queen berth, vanity, tall hanging locker,drawers, and storage bins is an exquisitely comfortable master stateroom. There is an en suite head with separate shower stall.
- Centerline queen berth 6' 10" in length
- Johnson shower sump pump aft head 2018
- Galley with double stainless sinks, double taps for fresh and salt water, hand pumps
- Force 10 gas stove with oven
- Frigiboat 12v fridge
- Frigiboat 12v freezer
- LG microwave oven 2018
- Trident propane solenoid control in galley 2018
- Two fiberglass 17lb propane tanks 2018
- Whale 11 gallon hot water heater 2018
The Explorers' center cockpit is designed with the helm further aft and accommodates better visibility, safety ( a full 12' between the helmsman and following seas), and less motion - all good choices for offshore cruising. The cockpit is huge, but the actual well is small. Two transverse walk through steps in the coaming insure that when waves come aboard only 26 cu ft of water will stay in the well. Two 1 1/2" diameter hoses quickly drain the cockpit. The cockpit benches are more than 7' long, 20" wide and have 15" tall raked seat backs with built in lumbar support. The cockpit will seat nine, sleep two.
- Raymarine E-80 GPS system w/ dual display
- Raymarine DSM300 depth sounder
- Raymarine speed w/ repeater
- Raymarine wind w/ repeater
- Raymarine RAY218 VHF w/ external handset
- SSB: set up with installed insulated backstay
- Raymarine 4kw. radar
- Ritchie SS Offshore compass
- P.C interface
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST6000 / X series / type 3 H.A.P. hydraulic drive
- Spot light: cockpit 12v. outlet
- Shore power 30amp 120v 60 hz electrical system
- Power system:12v Balmar 100 amp. High output charger with multi-step regulator
- Xantrex True Charger2 60amp. three bank battery charger 2018
- Xantrex Pure Sine Wave 1800 watt inverter 2018
Sails and Rigging
- Offshore cutter rig
- Rolly Tasker Marine spars
- Harken stays and fittings
- Aluminum mast and boom w/ powder coat
- Furling systems: Harken Cruising unit x 2 / Jib and Staysail
- Rolly Tasker Marine – Full batten main/ jib/ staysail
- Winches: Lewmar SS self tailing
- Harken deck track and traveler, Harken blocks,
running backstays, lazy jack’s w/ sail catcher system, much more
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar diesel 4JH4TE engine, 75hp serviced May 2018
- Fuel tanks cleaned May 2018
- Yanmar gearbox w/ flexible coupling and shaft drive, low hours
- Hart tank monitoring system
- Raycor fuel filter
- Bow thruster
The sugar scoop transom/ swim platform is also great for dinghy boarding. Liveaboards will love the fact that they can stack ten grocery bags on board before they even leave the dinghy. An integrated locker provides bonus storage. The swim ladder reaches 3' below the water. A hot and cold transom shower makes the platform a luxurious experience. Grab rails extend the entire length of the steps and are easily reached from the water. The swim platform is a delightful base for warm water play and socializing.
- Fortress 37 / 100’ 18mm anchor rode
- Maxwell Liberty 2500 windlass
- Easy access boarding/swimming area built into the transom
- SN Hypalon RIB 2.8m
- Yamaha 15HP 2 stroke outboard
- Outboard motor mount on stern rail 2018
- Mainship deck hatches and ports
- Hull buffed and waxed April 2018
- Boat hauled new bottom paint April 2018
- Finely crafted railings and bow cap with built in anchor rollers, large deck scuppers w/ built in rain catcher
- Flares 2018
- Three Kitty fire extinguishers 2018