"Aventura" was custom built for her current owner by Real Ships, near Mobile, Alabama and delivered in October of 2008. She is a steel hulled Expedition Yacht with Aluminum superstructure and features complete redundancy in her systems. "Aventura’s" interior is done in a style reminiscent of early classic yachts and features Burmese Golden Teak throughout with Marble and Onyx countertops. Strong and purposeful ship like exterior styling with a luxurious interior set her apart from the crowd…. she turns heads wherever she goes.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
"Aventura’s" interior is laid out with the salon/galley area on the main deck level. The forward accommodations of Master, VIP & Guest Staterooms are seven steps down from the salon going forward. The deck above the salon is the Pilothouse and aft deck porch, and the deck directly below the salon has the Utility room, Crew/Guest Stateroom and Engine room in the aft part of the vessel. The foredeck area is the largest in her class with a 4000lb. deck crane and 19’ Diesel Jet Tender. There is a large foredeck locker/garage on the forward part of superstructure with two watertight doors opening on to the foredeck with storage for fenders, ladders, bikes, propane tanks, compressor, and provisions for your tender. The locker gets some air-conditioned ventilation to keep things dry and mildew free.
Starting from the aft deck you enter the salon through a sliding aft door. To starboard is a built in seven-foot leather couch and cabinetry, and to port are cabinets and a TV on a lift, (the TV can also be viewed in the lowered position with the cabinet doors open). Free standing dining table with leaf inserts, and six chairs, plus two salon chairs with stools that can be placed where you want them. The forward part of the salon features the galley to port and a built-in wine glass display with mini bar and bottle storage in the center. The salon has entry doors on both sides and there is a subzero wine cooler near the starboard door at the foot of the Pilothouse steps. Flooring throughout the Salon, Galley, Pilothouse, and companionway is hand laid Teak and Maple board floors. Salon and Galley headroom is 6’ 10” throughout.
The U-shaped Galley features a green marble countertop with an eat in bar and three fixed Crown Bar Chairs. The sink is along the port side under two exterior windows. Generous cabinet and drawer space with top of the line appliances. Galley floor is a continuation of the salon Teak and Maple flooring.
- Viking Dishwasher
- Viking Garbage Compactor
- Viking Gas Stove with Electric Oven
- Range top with exterior venting
- Northland Side by Side Refrigerator Freezer
- Sub Zero wine cooler (in salon)
- GE built in Microwave
Ascending a beautiful spiral staircase with recessed handrail brings you to the Pilothouse with 360 degrees of visibility. Main helm feature five 20” flat screens that are controlled from a touch panel the covers the entire helm. The electronics suite features the Simon System from Palladium Technologies. Five PCM reverse raked windows give you a commanding view of the foredeck and new horizons. Two Crown helm chairs for hours of comfort at the helm, with teak and maple flooring underfoot. Front Windows are ½’ and side 3/8”, all frameless by PCM. Pilothouse headroom is 6’ 9”.
Along the port side is a pilot berth and built in settee. The burled walnut table can be used at dining or coffee table height with adjustment for knee room. Under the pilot berth is a small fridge and rear storage with an access door on the aft deck. Beneath the seat is a 58” deep chart drawer.
Along the starboard side is a desk and sink area, with an electric fold down TV above. Aft is a small head with toilet and sink.
The pilothouse has doors port, starboard and aft.
Master Stateroom and Head
The Master Stateroom is located just forward of midships on the port side. The upper seating and master bath level are entered from the companionway, and the sunken sleeping area is towards the aft of the room down four steps with an athwartships queen bed. The ceiling height in the sleeping area is 9’ 6’ with a ceiling fan! Upper and lower area has carpeting, and the master bath features a tiled steam shower.
The VIP stateroom is forward and features a centerline Queen bed with private bath & shower. Carpeting in stateroom and tile in the bath.
Guest Bath just aft of the VIP and the guest/exercise room is standalone for anyone’s use. Features a beautiful oval bath with air jets. Only entry is from the companionway.
Guest stateroom is across from the master stateroom on the starboard side with one twin bed above the Asko Washer & Dryer, and a second twin bed in a Pullman style which is normally stowed away for easier use of the Vision Fitness Elliptical machine. Cork flooring on upper level and exercise area.
The Utility Room is down four steps from the companionway going aft. The headroom is 6’10”” and this area is directly beneath the salon on the starboard side. The Utility room has two full size front load freezers along the starboard side and the aft bulkhead holds the Wards Marine Main Electrical Panels, with the ASEA seamless transfer Isolation transformer beneath a work countertop. The main panel for the ESI fuel transfer/polish system is on the forward bulkhead along with the two Magnum Inverters. Engine room access is aft through watertight door. Headroom at entrance between engines is 80” under the center light fixture, going aft, the floor steps up with the vessel’s stern counter and headroom aft of the gensets, at the aft deck hatch is 5’1”.
The Crew/Guest stateroom is to port with twin beds and private bath/shower. Sleeping area is carpeted with tile in the bath.
Deck and Construction
"Aventura" is a steel hulled yacht with aluminum superstructure that is welded with DetaCouple.
Naval Architecture was done by Pat Bray, with concept design by Joe Johnson at Real Ships. Additional Naval Architecture and cutting files were supplied by SAI, Ship Architects. Steel and Aluminum CNC cutting was done in Mobile, Alabama, and the Interior design was by Innovative Interiors. The hull shape was tank tested by BC Research in Vancouver, and features hydrodynamic engine pod keels that allow the traditional engine and transmission configuration to be further aft in the boat. Her large bulbous bow not only adds efficiency at cruise but slows the pitching motion in head seas with the bulb’s buoyancy keeping the bow high and dry.
The interior decking and woodwork float on SounDown insulation to deaden sound and vibration. All steel interiors are epoxy painted with spray foam insulation.
- Laser cut pre-primed A.S.T.M. Steel
- Water Jet cut Aluminum
- Soft/Curved hull side plating
- Hull plate below to first and second chine 3/8”
- Hull plate above top chine “topsides” 5/16’
- Chine bars are 1.25” in diameter for strength and softer shaped chines
- Keel – 1.5” Thickness of varying height along the vessel
- Bulbous bow, 53’ in Diameter and is welded to the finished hull, giving you additional collision protection.
- Integral Steel fins ahead of the Wesmar stabilizers for protection and passive stability
Being a steel hulled vessel, all the fuel, water and waste tanks are integral in the construction. When you consider all the tanks and bulkheads, this boat has around 16 watertight compartments.
Tankage is to port and starboard with a “tank alley” down the center for pipe runs and maintenance access.
- Two Forward Fuel Tanks – 1725 gals each
- Two Midship Tanks – 575 gals each
- Two Day Tanks in engine room – 500 gals each
- Two Fresh Water Tanks – 270 Gals each
- Forward Black Water Tank – 550 Gals.
Helm and Electronics
Controls at Main Helm and Wing Stations:
- Twin Disc electronic controls
- Wesmar Bow Thruster control
- Carlisle & Finch Spotlight control
- Rudder Angle indicators
- Jastrum Jog Steering
- Kahlenberg Air Horn
Pilothouse Helm, additional:
- Teak & Stainless Destroyer steering wheel
- (2) Simrad Autopilots
- Simon Computer and Touch Panel Helm surface with Video Switching Matrix with two trackballs
- Furuno Radar
- Nobletec Radar
- (5) Nauticomp 20” Flat Screens
- Wesmar Digital Stabilizer Touch Screen Display panel
- (2) Icom MC 604 VHFs with Remotes at Wing Stations
- Furuno AIS
- Furuno GPS/WAAS
- Furuno Sat Compass
- Kahlenber M-511A Whistle Control Panel
- Raymarine Tri Data and Wind Speed
- FLIR Night Vision
- Foredeck garage with two watertight doors, 51” deep, 54” headroom by 16’ 4” Wide.
- Two Fiberglass Propane tanks in locker within the garage, vented to the exterior.
- Largest tender space in her class
- Dual Maxwell 4500 hydraulic anchor windlasses
- Integral stainless dual anchor chutes in Bow
- Fresh water anchor wash down
- Hosemaster fresh water reel from garage
- Snorkel type fuel vents
- Carbon Fiber Tide Ride Boarding stairs attaches port and starboard
- Integral 6” wide rub rail with stainless cap protects boat
- Sampson Post & cleats Stainless Steel
- Welded Hawse pipes are made from rolled 2” stainless shaft
- Stainless bow, stern and side rails
- Foredeck is Painted non-skid with edge borders
- Side, aft & top decks are Tek Dek synthetic teak
- PCM welded in “Frameless” windows and doors on both decks
- Flush Deck Hatch to VIP Stateroom
- Custom Stainless Port Lights & Escape windows below decks in Master and Guest Staterooms
- 19’ Nautica Tender with Yanmar diesel & Hamilton Jet. New hull tubes May 2020
Pilothouse Portuguese Bridge
- Wing Stations Port & Starboard
- Centerline stairs to Foredeck
- Teak Captrail
- Aluminum Mast
- New Trac Vision receiver & Dome May 2020
- Second Dome was formally KVH
- Two Open Array Radars
- Anchor, running and NUC lights
- Carlisle & Finch Spot Light
- Kahlenberg 3 Trumpet Air Horn
- (2) Switlik 6 Man Life Rafts with hydrostatic releases – Factory reconditioned May 2020
Aft Deck behind Pilothouse
- Fixed table for dining
- Teak chairs with cushions and stools
- Storage access to beneath pilot berth
- Rear door of Pilothouse
- Ladder steps up to Pilothouse roof
- Viking Gas grill with rotisserie and two fiberglass propane tanks
- Exhaust hood with fan
Cockpit (lower aft deck)
- Watertight Engine room hatch with ladder
- 24 Volt Maxwell warping winches port and starboard
- Centerline stairs down to swim platform
- Cushioned bench seats with storage port and starboard
- Shower wand, hot & cold
- Main Salon Sliding Door to interior
- All drainage is through the boat and exits at the waterline to avoid streaking on the cabin and hull sides
- Rain water from Pilothouse roof and Pilothouse deck could be used to fill water tanks.
Exterior Stainless & trim
- All stainless rails, cleats and hawspipes are welded. No bolts or screws
- Stainless on upper decks is welded to aluminum with DetaCouple
- Teak trim handrail on Portuguese bridge
- Tender Chocks are welded to foredeck
- Stainless Tie Downs for Tender
Electrical system design and panel construction were done by Wards Marine in Fort Lauderdale. She has twin 50 amp service with an ASEA Seamless Transfer/Universal/Isolation Transformer.
- Main Distribution panel in Utility room with sub panels throughout vessel
- Webasto Marine Air Conditioning and Heat includes:
- Two 55,000 BTU main Chilling Compressors and 12 air handlers throughout vessel (all new in April of 2020
- Two 45,000 BTU Webasto Diesel Heaters in engine room
- ITR Diesel Water Heater and two electric water heaters for Galley & Baths
- 70 amp alternator on each engine
- 70 amp battery charger
- (2) Magnum Inverters
- Helm station with independent battery and charger
- 70 amp House battery charger
- (2) 50 Amp Glendenning cable reels on transom
- (2)110 Volt Headhunter fresh water pumps
- 110 Volt Lighting and 24 Volt Emergency lighting throughout boat
- Direct TV Receivers in each stateroom, Pilothouse and Salon
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
Propulsion is from keel cooled Twin John Deere Engines. Dry exhaust exits at the waterline with a fine spray of sea water injected just before the exit. No black smoke start ups in the Marina with this boat! Each engines’ freshwater cooling runs are through 170’ of one third sections of welded pipe to the hull.
- Twin John Deere 6125AFM’s Tier Two Power tech 12.5 liter M-1 rating @ 341 hp each, max rpm 1800
- Twin Disc MGX5114SC 3:1 with quick/soft shift and ECU 300 electronic control.
- Full bodied keel pod form allows for lower engine placement and short straight shafting
- Two 42” by 35” Michigan Nibral Wheels
- Aquamet 22 Stainless Shafts, 8’ 3” long by 3” in diameter
- Barn Door Rudders with 2.5” Shafts seated in keel shoes
- Two 32 kw Kohler generators w/sound shields
- Soundown engine isolation mounts
- Central Hydraulic System design by Wesmar with: PTOs on each engine; 100 hp dual prop 22” Wesmar bow thruster; 4000 lb. Steelhead Marine Crane; Maxwell 4500 windlasses; Wesmar 16 square foot fiberglass Stabilizer Fins
- Lasdrop Dripless shaft logs
- Electrically actuated Fuel Valves w/ manual backup Fuel management and transfer system using ESI fuel polishing
- ESI Touch Screen transfer & Polishing displays in Utility room and helm
- Automatic washdown of dry exhaust at start up (dry exhaust exits at stainless plate at waterline on each side, water enters 1ft. before exit) ½ hp pumps.
- Reverso GP-3013 lube oil transfer system for mains & gens
- 60 gallon water cooled Wesmar Hydraulic Lube oil reservoir
- Groco sea strainers for air cons, Lasdrops, exhaust wash and generators
- Centek separators for quiet generator exhaust
- Ingersoll Rand 2hp Air Compressor for Horn and Fenders in Foredeck Garage
- 24 volt automatic bilge pumps in each compartment
- 1.5 hp 220 volt emergency bilge pump system plumbed to all bilge compartments
- Lexan topped sea chests
- Delta T engine room ventilation system with touchscreen control panel, includes two 15” inch fans for intake and two 12” fans for extraction, all fans have automatic dampers tied to Fire Extinguisher system
- Hydraulic piping and lines are all Stainless Steel
- 2400 GPD Village Marine Tech Watermaker with auto flush
- Jastrum Steering with dual pumps
- Diesel fuel fill for Jet tender at transom, with pump, retractable hose and quick disconnect filler handle.
- Extensive inventory of spare parts and filters, including SeaKits - Wheelhouse Technologies
"Aventura" went thru a minor refit at Hinckley Yacht Services in Stuart, Florida, during the spring and summer of 2020
- Below the waterline was blasted to bare steel and new epoxy and anti-fouling coats applied.
- Anchor lockers blasted and recoated
- Various touch ups and maintenance items
- Stripped and Varnished aft deck table
- New Top Deck Canvas and Cockpit aft Deck cushions
- New Webasto Air Conditioner Chillers in the Engine room and 12 New air handlers throughout the yacht.
- New Groco Sea Strainers
- New Trac Vision dome & receiver
- Hulll paint touch ups
- New Hull tubes for the Nautica Tender
- New Seals, Amsteel Cable and cylinder rebuild on Deck Crane
- Complete service of Mains and Gens
Owners personal items.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.