2008 48' American Marine yacht "WHISKEY BLUES" was built and set up by hardcore fishermen. This boat is ready to go anywhere in the world and do so with little headaches. Everything about her is done with catching fish as the focus.
She lacks nothing and is ready to fish immediately! Perfect size for game fishing anywhere with all the tools and basics covered for success.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Galati Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
To port is a large bench seat that doubles as a bunk and lifts up to hold a host of 80’s and 50’s while under that is a pull out drawer that holds a full complement of 30’s and 20’s. To starboard is the large dinette that drops down into a bunk with storage under each seat as well as a slide-out drawer with heaps of storage for tackle organizer boxes.
WHISKEY BLUES has a teak and holly floor with engine room access along the centerline. Her modular port bench and starboard dinette are completely removable and have large hatches over the engines to fully access the Engine Room.
Large countertops separate the Salon from the Galley. To starboard are the sink and under-counter refrigerator drawers, and storage. There is additional storage over the counter. To port are under-counter storage, over-counter storage forward with microwave, and shelving. Everything is clean and uncluttered in the Salon and Galley.
WHISKEY BLUES has a lockable pull-up door and slide out lid to close off the below-deck living quarters. The Salon features a Bose surround sound system with DirecTV receiver.
- · 2-Burner Miele electric stove
- · Refrigerator drawers
- · Water heater
- · Pressure water system
The port tackle center has a
convenient live well and rigging tray under lift-up lids, as well as storage
under, including five drawers and an expansive open storage behind the doors.
The starboard tackle center has the cockpit controls with a large drink box under lift-up lids. Under the
drink box are two vertical pull-out freezer drawers with removable bins for easy
storage and another open storage bin.
There are large storage bins with doors under the port and starboard gunnels. A nearly full-beam fish box is under-deck, forward of the lazarette under her rocket launcher or fighting chair. She has salt and freshwater washdowns, a bridge access ladder to port, and under-step storage at the entrance to the Salon.
The cockpit is wired for 2 L/P dredge reels.
She features a large bridge with Murray Helm chair and companion chair aft of her well-appointed console with pop up panels that host her complete array of electronics.
The teak helm pod is along the centerline and offers excellent visibility all around, especially of her expansive cockpit and stern corners while fighting fish. She has a long bench seat along the port side and another bench seat along the front of the console.
Full Bausch tower with hardtop and tower controls. The tower is also equipped with VHF radio.
WHISKEY BLUES sleeps four in two staterooms. The Salon bench seat and Dinette seat can convert to sleep two additional guests. The Crew Stateroom has over / under bunks to starboard with a hanging locker.
The large head has a vanity and sink, over-counter storage, and a large shower to port. There is a wet locker in the outboard wall of the shower.
The Master Stateroom is fully forward and the queen island berth has massive storage underneath. There are storage lockers above the berth on each side, a hanging locker, and drawers in each corner.
WHISKEY BLUES was built by very skilled and knowledgeable boatmen that filled her with practical ideas and well-built features for serious fishing. Her owner and captain have kept her in Bristol condition and she is ready for any fishing task. She would be a great candidate to ship to Cape Verde, Madeira, Kona, or anywhere on the Atlantic or Pacific coasts. With her classic sheer, raked stem, gentle tumble-home and all-around good looks, WHISKEY BLUES has the features and feel of the finest custom built boats, and without question, she is one.
- 6 Batteries
- 1 additional battery for L/P Reels with charger
- 4 Automatic battery chargers
- Dockside electrical cable
- Onan primary generator 13.5 kW with approx 2167 hrs.
- Electrical system: 12V DC; 220V AC
- Odysea/Optima batteries: 1 each per engine, 1 house, 2 for electronics, 1 for windlass, each battery set has its own charger
- Simrad autopilot new in 2019
- 3 BOSE surround sound systems
- Master stateroom with independent BOSE surround
- Salon with its own system
- The third system uses deed from Salon to power outside speakers in Cockpit and Bridge
- Furuno TZ touch Radar with Remote Pod new in 2019
- ICOM M506 Primary VHF new in 2018
- ICOM M506 Secondary VHF new in 2018
- FLIR night vision
- ACR searchlight
- SMX Ed-X Marine Diesel Display
- Trim Tab Indicator
NEW IN 2017:
- Airmar B275C-LHW
- Garmin AIS 600
- Garmin (GRID) Remote Input Device
- Garmin NMEA 2000 Starter Kit
- Garmin GR51M-TH stainless steel thru-hull DownVu/SideVu 500W (CHIRP 260/455 kHz)
- GPSMAP 7616xsv 16'' Chartplotter & Sounder
- Garmin GMI20 Marine Instrument display head
New In 2018/2019
- Simrad autopilot
- Furuno radar
- Icom radios
- SMX engine displays
Hull and Deck Equipment
- Cold-molded, wood hull
- Covers & curtains
- Flybridge curtains
- Teak deck
- Freshwater & saltwater washdown
- Navigation lights
- Searchlights: single; remote, electric
- Spreader lights
- Lewmar electric windlass
- Step box, on-deck live well plumbing for 2 wells
- Bait freezer
- Cockpit sink
- Fish box
- Live well
- Murray Bros. fighting tuna chair with heavy duty stanchion & rocket launcher
- Rupp outriggers
- Bausch tuna tower
- Transom door Murray Bros., helm chairs with 3’’ heavy duty stanchions
Mechanical Equipment & Engine Details
- Twin 715 hp Cummins QSM-II diesel engines
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Twin Disc Quick Shift gears
- 2 Extra props
- 2 Bilge blowers
- 6 Automatic bilge pumps
- Cockpit, bridge and tower controls
- Engine alarm
- Emergency engine stop
- Halon fire extinguishing system
- Freshwater cooling system
- Fuel filters
- Fuel shut off valve - engines
- Head type: holding, electric
- Hydraulic steering wheel
- Lenco synchronizers, trim tabs
- Transmission: 1.5:1 Twin Disc
- Sea Recovery Aqua Whisper 900-gallons/day water maker
- IceSea 900-lb/day ice maker, salt or freshwater (new in 2018/2019)
- All raw water pumps with spare/backups plumbed inline
- Cold-molded, wood hull construction
- The boat has Awlgrip finish
- New bridge curtains, cockpit cover, chair cushions and armrests by C-Worthy, New Spring in 2018
- Spare props
Recent Upgrades and Works in 2019
- All new teak cockpit floor and covering boards. Sub-deck reinforced and epoxy sealed.
- Transom built-in tuna tubes custom made, total of 4 tubes.
- Salon aft curtain replaced with custom doors and aft bulkhead, windows replaced and made permanent not removable.
- Salon side windows tinted with ceramic limo tint to cut down on heat.
- Cockpit ice dump box got extra insulation and painted
- Cockpit hatches are new with gas shocks
- New bottom paint in October 2019
- New shaft and rudder bearings in October 2019
- Start and house batteries new in 2018/2019 season
- Electric Reel battery new in 2019
- Personal effects