“GRATITUDE” is a ONE OF A KIND Marlow Explorer 72E-LR (Long Range) specifically designed for long-range cruising by one of the most passionate and experienced yachtsmen of them all, David Marlow. Originally named “REBEL YELL,” she made her impressive debut at the 2006 Miami International Boat Show. This yacht was designed and cruised by Mr. Marlow which has allowed her to have lived a very privileged life that included several long-range trips up the eastern seaboard and “down island.”
When not at sea, this vessel enjoyed a pampered life in covered storage shed at the Marlow Marine Service facility in Snead Island, Florida, where she was lovingly cared for as Mr. Marlow’s LONG RANGE Explorer. Now is your chance to continue the pride of ownership of this beautiful masterpiece as she is available for sale with numerous cruising lifestyle upgrades, comfort, and convenience upgrades, and many recent service items completed.
GRATITUDE” was built and certified to Lloyds GMBH for Offshore Class One (Ocean Class) and is ready to provide her new owner with a quality long-range cruising yacht second to none. This Command Bridge yacht is powered with C-18 CATs with 1,015 HP each. This Marlow Explorer includes numerous serious upgrades when it comes to the Long-Range ability of a yacht. Some of these key “LR” features include a wave-piercing bulbous bow, Kevlar lined hull, deck tie downs, custom air intakes for the engine-room, and extra-long-range fuel capacity. A large amount of fuel capacity (3450 gal) enables comfortable long-range voyages of over 3,000 miles at 9.5 knots due to her modified hull design that is focused on better efficiency and performance at hull speeds and the proprietary Velocijet Strut Keels while also giving her the ability to “get there” at speeds of 16-18 knots for fast passages or emergency situations.
“GRATITUDE” is the benchmark in goes anywhere yachting due to her hull design that allows for long-range cruising with excellent cruising speed options.
Just like every Marlow yacht built, “GRATITUDE” exemplifies the epitome of style, performance, and state of the art construction methods used on Marlow Explorers. Marlow yachts are engineered and built with the highest quality materials available today and to the highest of industry standards at our award-winning factory where hundreds of employees skillfully build works of art without equal.
As you board the aft cockpit from the side boarding doors or swim platform you will immediately notice the uninterrupted teak decks and a built-in seating area. Gratitude has an extended flybridge aft deck that provides excellent overhead protection from rain and sun in the aft cockpit. As you walk forward you notice the oversized salon door, when the salon door is open the cockpit and salon become one large flowing entertainment area.
There is a docking station in the cockpit that has engine controls, thruster controls, VHF radio, Simrad Jog lever steering (for rudder control), and an IS 15 multifunction display for wind speed, direction, and water depth. Looking aft the twin stairs and extra-large swim platform makes for easy access to a robust pneumatic assisted transom door that provides easy access to the engine room and crew quarters.
- Custom hawse pipes in the corner of the transom with rollers and rope storage lockers
- Built-in seating with storage under
- Twin transom doors with steps from the cockpit to the large hydraulic swim platform
- Aft deck speakers are integrated with the flybridge speakers
- Crew access cabinet
- Custom grill and sink
The salon is very beamy, the custom engine-room air intakes on Gratitude means this special 72E-LR has the widest usable salon space offered on any Marlow her size. On port and starboard, you will find two very comfortable Ultra-leather settees with a large aluminum aviation-inspired coffee table with built-in storage. Additionally, there are two very comfortable full-size chairs that are perfect for viewing the large flat-screen television located at the forward end of the salon. They also work excellent when it is time to sit back and read your favorite book. A very functional full-size bar is on the port side of the forward salon area. The bar features a granite countertop, refrigerator, hidden sink supplied from the separate drinking water system, and a full size two-zone wine cooler. Additional glass and bottle storage is provided just forward of the bar. The salon features many built-in storage areas with bookshelves along the sidewalls and again in the bar area. Under the settees are large finished storage areas that are easy to access. On the starboard side of the salon, you will find a beautiful desk complete with file drawers. This is a great location for creative thinking, writing letters, or working on a laptop.
- Wet bar, hidden sink
- Overhead handrail
- A new large flat-screen TV
- Marantz AV Receiver - 1
- 0” Valodine Subwoofer
- Sonance- Visual Performance 4 ½” passive 2-way in-wall speakers x4
- Bowers & Wilkins 3way Center-channel speaker
- Pro Control Remote with prolink processor
- Two comfortable chairs
- Glass-door storage cabinets
- Solid teak window valences
- Wine cooler, two-zone
- Built-in desk with hanging folder drawers
- Teak and Holly flooring over fiberglass/foam composite sole
- 24V Italian and Danish lighting
- 110V accent/mood lighting.
The Galley is configured as a country kitchen with an open and spacious galley forward that provides spectacular views for the cruising chef. The raised teak dining table with ebony inlay, elevated seating for seven is a perfect use of this space and makes for excellent cruising visibility. The galley counters are a beautiful raw silk granite with an under-mounted Franke sink. The Dacor cooktop is at the forward end of the U-shaped counter with removable stainless-steel sea rails and pot keepers that will prevent hot pot and pans from moving at sea. The electric oven is just below the stove and the four Sub Zero refrigerator drawers are on the port side of the galley. A handy spice/ storage cabinet separates the sink and refrigerators. The Fisher-Paykel dishwasher is conveniently located within easy reach of the sink.
A large top-opening freezer is in the forward port corner of the galley that makes for easily accessible frozen food storage on those extended cruises. On either side of the pilothouse are port and starboard sliding pilothouse doors that are built to last and withstand the sea. For ultimate extended cruising convenience, there is a pop up mini helm station on the starboard side, complete with remote engine and thruster control, synchronizer control, autopilot remote, 15" Raymarine multi-function display, and VHF to monitor while you dining at sea.
- Sub Zero refrigerators
- Custom-built top-loading freezer
- Fisher & Paykel dishwasher
- Granite countertops
- Dacor electric cooktop
- Dacor electric oven
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Franke sink
- 110V accent and mood lighting
- Grohe faucets
- Drinking water faucet, separate supply
- Spice racks
- Exhaust blower over the cooktop
- Appliance storage locker in countertop aft
- Teak and Holly flooring
The sleeping accommodations are accessed from the pilothouse just a few steps down the forward companionway. The full-beam master stateroom is located aft with a king centerline berth, his and hers heads, and a large shared shower. The VIP guest stateroom is forward with a king centerline berth, extensive storage, en suite head, and separate shower. The port guest stateroom has side-by-side twin berths, a separate en suite head, and a shower. The starboard guest stateroom has a single day bed with ample storage underneath.
The full-beam master stateroom is amidship, providing a quiet, stable, well-lit stateroom with spectacular waterfront views. The light woods and 6 screened opening ports make this stateroom feel even larger than the expansive 20' beam. The King size bed is on the centerline with a beautiful radiused ultra leather-covered headboard. There is a marble-topped nightstand on each side of the bed with a beveled glass mirror and reading lamp.
The television cleverly folds down from the ceiling so it is hidden when not in use. The en suite his and hers heads are at the aft end of the master stateroom with a large shared shower in the middle. Marble countertops and raised bowl sinks lend an air of elegance. There are 5 hanging lockers and lots of drawer space to be found just about everywhere. The full-size Asko washer and GE dryer are behind the louvered doors on the forward side of the master stateroom. A vanity with a beveled mirror and drawers is located on the port side.
- King-sized berth
- SAT-TV w/Receiver
- Flat Screen fold-down TV
- Bureau w/chest of drawers.
- Drawer storage under the bed
- Cedar lined, lighted full height hanging lockers
- Asko washer and GE dryer
- VacuFlush toilets
- Large heads with stall shower
- 24V Italian and Danish lighting
- 110V accent/mood lighting
- Sony Stereo and Sound System
- Linen closet
- Heavy Duty 316L portlights with screens
- Access to machinery storage areas
The VIP Suite is the forward guest stateroom and has two large hanging lockers, 6 smaller lockers, and 6 large storage drawers. The head is on the starboard side and has a full-size shower.
- King size bed
- Cedar lined storage lockers
- Reading lamps
- CD Stereo with built-in speakers
- 6 large drawers under foot of the berth
- 15" LCD TV
- Deck hatch for access to bilge and bow thruster
- VacuFlush toilet
The guest stateroom has twin berths with a large nightstand and storage locker between them. Forward of the bunks, there is a full-height hanging locker. The en suite head has granite counters, a china sink with a Grohe faucet, and a separate stall shower
- Cedar lined hanging locker
- CD / Stereo
- Vacuflush toilet
- Nightstand between berths.
- Reading lamps for each berth
This area was intentionally left open to the stairway providing a very spacious, open-air feel with natural lighting. It is a great daybed area, and functional as a stateroom, when you have a full boat. If so desired, curtains or a folding door could be added if needed.
The Command Bridge on “GRATITUDE” offers outstanding sightlines, safe all-weather control and is the option of choice for seasoned mariners. On those perfect days, you can open up the 3 large screened overhead hatches, twin side port, and starboard side doors, and the aft door to get as much breeze and fresh air as you desire. With multiple control stations and a wireless Yacht Controller vessel, maneuverability is an easy task when docking or navigating in close quarters. The well-engineered combination of Naiad stabilizers, wide beam, hard chines, and proprietary Velocijet strut keels make her one of the most stable yachts in her class.
The main helm station is in the enclosed command bridge with an L-shaped electronics console (new Garmin electronics package 2016), pilot and co-pilot Stidd helm chairs, and twin L-settees with teak grate tables which are raised to permit excellent visibility. There are doors to port, starboard, and aft with three openings screened ports overhead. The large dual pane windows (tempered glass with 3m hurricane film sandwiched in between) allow for excellent 360-degree sightlines for the Captain and guests.
The vessel safety board is located above the helm station windshield providing critical operator information. Bilge and sump pump monitors, tank fluid levels, and battery condition monitors reside next to stabilizer and inverter remote controls. The command bridge is also a great living space underway, at the dock, or anchored out. The cabin sole is teak and ebony, a beautiful contrast to the teak and holly below decks. A refrigerator is adjacent to the starboard copilot chair.
As you move aft of the command bridge you will notice a very large shaded aft deck with rear-facing seating, comfortable and flexible lounge chairs, and a large round cabana with sun/wind shade. This covered aft deck provides an added 300 Square feet of (custom done by Tampa Bay’s premier canvas company) unmatched shaded space for lounging, entertaining, or activities. There is a second outside grill, icemaker, and a sink in this space.
The current owner has removed the davit (rated for 1,650 LBS) and added a large hydraulic swim platform lift (rated for 2,000 lbs and has wired and cordless remote control) for easier dinghy/jetski launching. The original davit could easily be reinstalled if one desires but the current configuration makes for a wide-open shaded upper aft deck perfect for lounging or social activities while at the dock, at sea, or on the hook down island. Gratitude is simply incomparable.
The crew quarters are aft of the engine room and full beam. The crew area has twin bunks, a nightstand, refrigerator, and hanging lockers. The crew has their own spacious head with a sink, shower, and toilet facilities. The crew area is accessed from two locations, one entrance in the cockpit (so the crew does not need to enter the salon) and the other is from the swim platform via the full height transom door. This door takes you through the lazarette storage area, into the crew quarters, and if one continued forward into the engine room.
Gratitude is constructed with the most modern materials and techniques providing more strength with less weight than is possible with conventional yacht building technology. The use of Kevlar, modified epoxy resins, and high-density core materials allows the Marlow Explorer to be stronger than the heaviest of hulls at a fraction of the weight. Modern honeycomb and structural foam are used on every counter, cabinet, bulkhead, and sole in the yacht. The result is a yacht that cruises at 18 knots when conventionally constructed yachts would only achieve 10-12 knots with similar power. Even if speed is not a driving factor for you, the increased range and reduced fuel costs will be of great benefit.
- Proprietary RIVAT Infusion Process.
- Molded FRP flush window frames.
- Engineered sandwich construction throughout.
- Laminated and tempered window glass.
- Dupont Kevlar lamination fabrics.
- Non-skid FRP decks, main & flybridge.
- Screens on all opening windows, hatches, and ports.
- Sandwich bulkhead, floors, stringers construction.
- Deck Lights 24V.
- Burmese Teak weather decks, pilothouse, and aft deck.
- Red night lights on the command bridge.
- Heavy Duty low profile 316L SS hatches (6).
- Heavy Duty 316L solid stainless rub rail.
- S/S ladder with teak steps, cockpit to the bridge.
- Bulwark doors and gates port and starboard.
- Portuguese Bridge deck storage lockers.
- Cockpit deck lockers.
- Cockpit controls.
- Engine room access from the cockpit.
- Faux teak coaming and handrails with 10 coats of marine epoxy.
- Owner aboard logo lighting.
- Oval stainless steel handrails.
- Velocijet Strut Keels
- Sliding hatch and door to bridge from the pilothouse.
- FRP bow pulpit with S/S anchor roller.
- Transom door.
- FRP swim platform with teak inlay.
- Covered upper aft deck, lower aft deck, and side decks.
This yacht has a full Garmin electronics package including Three Garmin GPSMAP8212 15” MFD plotters with Multi-touch Touchscreens, Garmin GMRTM 1226 xHD2 6’ open array radar and pedestal 12kw, Garmin GMR 424 xHD2 Radar Antenna Kit, GMX 52 SiriusXM Marine Receiver, Garmin VHF 300 AIS Radio, Garmin VHF 600 AIS Transceiver, Garmin GHP20TM Reactor Hydraulic Corepack w/ smart pump, Garmin GRFTM 10 Redder feedback sensor, Garmin GCV 10 Black box sonar, Sidevu and Downvu with CHIRP, Garmin GSDTM 24 Digital Black Box Network Sounder, Three Garmin GNXTM 120 Marine Instruments, ITC-5 Transducer converter, Marine Black Box, Intellian Direct TV HD s6HD Marine Satellite TV antenna system, Lorex by FLIR 8 channel, 4 camera 1080P 1TB DVR Surveillance System and Two 6” Polyplanner Speakers.
She also has a cell phone booster, Sat phone, Sat TV, and is all set up for Wi-Fi connectivity when in a marina. She has twin spotlights with remotes on the dash. Additionally, there is a wireless Yacht Controller allowing the helmsman to move to where the greatest visibility is afforded. Upgraded UNDERWATER LIGHTS LUMITEC SeaBlazeX Underwater LED Light, White/Blue – controlled separately – modes solid white, solid blue, fading white to blue, strobe. New batteries (2014).
Exterior Hardware and Fittings
The heavy oval stainless bow rail and twin Maxwell verticle windlasses outfitted with an #80 Danforth and 70KG Bruce let you know this is no dock queen. The ocean class certification drove the requirement for the lifeline attachment points. You will probably never use them, but if you want to cross oceans it is nice to know they are there.
- Hardware S/S or chromed brass
- Hidden fueling ports with anti-spill catch basin
- 1.375" stanchions main deck
- S/S cleats & hawse holes
- Scuppers, cockpit
- Aquamet 22 propeller shafting
- SS Portholes heavy-duty 316L SS
- Custom CNC cut Nibral propellers, "S" class
- Freshwater wash-down, cockpit
- Bronze through-hull fittings
- Twin spotlights with remotes at the helm
- Custom stainless anchor light.
- Pennant bracket
- Zincs on rudders and shafts
- Windlass, dual Maxwell vertical
- Teak or S/S steering wheel
- Super Duty custom trim tabs
- Teak bow and stern staffs
- Seawater washdown, forward deck, high volume
- Exalto heavy-duty windshield wipers and washers
- Proprietary stanchion base mounting system
- 2 Stidd helm seats on the command bridge
- Stereo-CD player on the bridge.Bow Thruster remote control.
- Stern Thruster remote control
Engines and Mechanical
The engine room has full standup height and is air-conditioned. There is good access to all sides of the engines. The sea chest is at the forward end of the engine room and provides raw water to the fresh-water cooled engines, generator, air-conditioning, and all the other items on the yacht that need saltwater. Each item has its own shut-off valve for servicing. The two 1500 gallon fuel tanks are forward of the engine room bulkhead. An additional 450-gallon tank is located forward of the main tanks. This is the center of buoyancy of the yacht so your running angle will not change as your fuel level changes. The fuel tanks also provide an additional layer of soundproofing between the engines and the cabins forward.
- Naiad active stabilizers with multi-sea controls and spline-driven hydraulic pump
- Pressure freshwater faucet
- Aquadrive Centa flexible drive couplings
- Soft engine mounts
- Proprietary sea chest water intake system
- Drive coupling covers, FRP
- PSR pressure freshwater system
- Sea Chest inspection and cleanout port
- PJR pressure seawater system
- Seacocks on all seawater supply lines
- Twin 25KW Northern Lights generators
- Gen 1- 1794 Hours Gen 2- 1561 Hours
- PJR drinking water pump
- Water heater, 30 gals stainless steel
- Proprietary fiberglass insulation blanket
- FRP fuel tanks with sight gauges
- Engine room lead/foam sound insulation
- Engine room blowers 220V high volume
- Saltwater pump
- S/S water tanks.
- Racor fuel water separators, dual with gauge
- FRP holding tank plumbed
- Engine room vent blowers 2x12V, 24V
- Dockside or overboard discharge
- Engine isolation switches
- Common drainage system for the sink, deck, shower, and bilge
- Varnished teak bilge grating
- 240V fluorescent lighting
- Color-coded copper piping for fuel, water, and hydraulic system
- DC outlet
- AC outlet
- Six 3700 GPH bilge pumps with auto & manual switch
- Freshwater outlet with a hose for engines & generator
- Engine-Generator-Gears oil change system
- 304 Stainless domestic water tanks
- Heavy Duty manual bilge pump
- Underwater exhaust system
- High water bilge alarms throughout the boat
- 24V overhead lights, waterproof
- Dripless engine shaft seal logs
- FRP gray and black water tanks
- Heavy Duty vacuum pumps for gray and black water
- Smooth finish gel-coated bilges
- HD watertight engine room door with inspection port
- Heavy Duty exhaust hose clamps
- High-temperature silicone exhaust hoses
- Common drainage system for all discharges
- Proprietary air inlet system, baffled
- Polished stainless engine beds, risers, and fuel manifolds
- 24-volt bilge blowers
- Engine lube oil tank
- FRP fuel tanks
- 4000-watt inverter
- Aqua Matic modular 900 water maker/desalinator 38 Gallons per Hour
- Headhunter Royal Flush Hydro-Vac (2) Master (1) VIP (1) Port Stateroom
- Custom hydraulic swim platform w/ adjustable chocks that can hold the tender or a jetski. Dual 2,500 lbs hydraulic cylinders with a lift capacity of 2000 lbs. Has wired and cordless remote control.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Denison Yachting. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.