4 Estrellas has just returned from a trip to the Florida Keys February 2018. All systems ready to go, new engine start battery, new Raymarine autopilot 2018.
The Jeanneau 49DS is a modern hull shape created by Phillipe Briand. The four cabin/four head version includes four double berths and a salon table that converts to a double berth. The cockpit has a cockpit table, tan bimini, and dodger. Twin steering wheels provide the perfect vantage point for helm control and give easy access to the sugar-scooped stern. Designed to stand up to all that the sea can deliver, this impressive sailboat represents the harmonious balance between performance, comfort, and elegance. She features fine entry lines, a responsive and quick hull, and an unencumbered deck layout.
4 Estrellas features a Kevlar reinforced hull for superior integrity offshore.
- Bimini and dodger new 2017
- Roller furler rebuilt 2015
- Air conditioning unit new 2016
- New battery charger and batteries 2017
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Jordan Yacht and Ship Co.. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Max Draft: 7' 0"
The cat-eye window on the rounded deckhouse grabs your attention—it’s distinctly Mediterranean. Whether you know of him or not, it’s hardly a surprise to learn that the designer’s name is Vittorio Garroni, a name as European as the look. Combined with Garroni’s stylistic input is a hull and deck plan from Phillipe Briand, architect of French America’s Cup entries and Mari-Cha IV, and an interior designed by Jeanneau’s in-house team.
Below deck, it is the volume that really stands out. Most visitors comment immediately on how light and open the saloon is. Upon descending the companionway ladder the forward facing navigation table is immediately to port. A nice curved seat keeps the navigator in place at sea. There is plenty of surface area on the table for a folded paper chart. The breaker panel is outboard of the table, and, as a reminder of where the boat is built, the labels are in both French and English.
The saloon is a step down and it is spacious and bright as the name Deck Saloon suggests. There is plenty of headroom and the various hatches, ports and windows let in lots of light. The saloon is wider than it is long and it is designed for relaxing and entertaining To starboard is a U-shaped settee, double bench, and table. To port is a smaller settee.
- Double forward cabin convertible into one big front cabin
- Twin aft cabins convert into one large aft cabin
- 2x Webasto diesel heating system
- Sony radio/CD player with speakers in cabin and cockpit
- Teak interior woodwork throughout
The galley is immediately to starboard of the companionway and a small step down from the main cabin sole. The large, well lit galley features a gimbaled stove and oven, top and side opening refrigerator, microwave, and twin sinks. There is a well-placed eight inch high Lexan splash guard between the sinks and the saloon.
- 4 burner Evo stove w/ oven
- SS ventilation fan with light over stove
- Corian counter tops
- Samson microwave
- 12v Refrigerator 60 gallon capacity
- 12v freezer top loading
- Plenty of storage
Cockpit and Deck
The maximum beam of 14 feet, 8 inches is carried well aft, so the long cockpit is also quite wide, and feels roomy. It’s easy to imagine a division at the twin helms with plenty of space aft for kids to use the swim platform and deck shower, while adults relax at the cockpit table enjoying their lunch. The table base is made of molded fiberglass and fixed to the cockpit sole.
The swim platform is accessed through wide gates at centerline, made possible by the split backstay. Sail lockers under the cockpit benches are relatively short on the fore-aft axis but extend well outboard to make the overall volume acceptable. In any event, the vast majority of sail adjustments on this boat will be made through the furling systems rather than by changing canvas. The deep twin lazarettes house two cooking gas canisters and allow plenty of space for fenders and cleaning supplies.
The twin helms with 35.4-inch-diameter wheels are set well outboard with duplicate compasses and instrument readouts. Engine controls are at the starboard wheel. The primary genoa winches are within easy reach of the helms. The mainsheet and furling lines all run to cabintop winches mounted on either side of the companionway hatch. Forward of the winches and their respective line clutches is a molded mount for the optional dodger, the design and placement of which is meant more to shield the companionway than the helmsman or those sitting in the cockpit.
The anchor windlass and a huge chain locker allow for the use of some beefy ground tackle.
- Teak decks
- White Gelcoat hull
- Kevlar reinforced
- Alumninum gangway
- Electric windlass
- 1 x Delta anchor w/ 100' chain new 2017, 1 x Danforth
- Anchor locker with huge storage space
- (5) Ports w/ screens
- (9) Hatches w/ screens + shades
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- All lines led to cockpit
- Space for electric winches
- Dodger with vinyl windscreen, zip out middle window for ventilation
- Bimini with SS bows, retractable with storage cover
- Detachable Connector Panel
- Cockpit Cushions
Sails and Rigging
The deck-stepped mast stands 64 feet above the waterline and is supported below deck by a polished pipe strut that is bolted to the hull (hand-laid solid glass, while the deck is balsa-cored). The in-mast roller furling main doesn’t allow for mast bend or active backstay adjustment, but there is considerable rake, which explains the 9/10-fractional headstay. The roller furling system is made by Profurl.
- Selden Aluminium mast
- Quantum In-Mast furling mainsail
- Quantum Genoa on ProFurl furling system
- (2) Harken 64 electric primary genoa winches
- (2) Harken 40 electric coach roof winches
- Harken traveler
- Northsail Diamond Gennaker
- Raymarine ST60 Wind W/ Repeater
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata W/ Repeater
- Raymarine C120 Chartplotter at nav desk w/ Eicon AIS Receiver
- Raymarine autopilot new 2018
- Plastimo 5" Compasses (2)
- Digital weather station
- VHF, 1 x Portable VHF
- 4x house batteries 2017
- 1 gel starter battery 2018
- 1x bow thruster battery
- Centaur battery charger new 2017
- 7HP Max Power bow thruster
- Electric windlass w/ 2nd control and chain-counter at helm
- 30Amp shorepower with cord
- 220V inlet, plugs
- SMDO 1.8 kw 4 stroke gas generator
- 2 x 165 W solar panels
- Air conditioning unit 2016
- Dinghy with Yamaha 25 HP Four Stroke
- Fire extinguishers
- 10 person liferaft recertified December 2017
- Flare Kit
- Life Preservers
- Horseshoe Throwable Flotation Device
- Manual and electric bilge pumps