BIG DECISION has been maintained without regard to cost by her owner. She is loaded with custom features and creature comforts which provide a luxurious platform for cruising, and a shoal draft for gunkholing. This Talaria 55 Motoryacht, was built as “THUNDER” for a knowledgeable and experienced owner who was very involved in the build, as is evident in countless details that have made this a truly unique boat. With her twin 1300-hp MAN diesel engines, Hamilton Waterjets, and the Hinckley JetStick, the boat has great performance and reliability, and is easily handled by one or two.
Recent work in 2020/2021 includes: new generator and sound shield, new electronics, new Hamilton jet nozzles and buckets, new jet impellers / props, 2000hr MAN engine service, new MAN engine monitoring panel, new engine room hatch lift rams, Complete air conditioning service. BIG DECISION is in beautiful shape, fully serviced and ready for immediate new owner use.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Worth Avenue Yachts. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
BIG DECISION has been maintained without regard to cost by her owner. She is loaded with custom features and creature comforts which provide a luxurious platform for cruising, and a shoal draft for gunkholing. This Talaria 55 Motoryacht, was built as “THUNDER” for a knowledgeable and experienced owner who was very involved in the build, as is evident in countless details that have made this a truly unique boat. With her twin 1300-hp MAN diesel engines, the Hamilton Waterjets, and the Hinckley JetStick, the boat has great performance and reliability, and is easily handled by one or two.
A 17'9" beam allows for spacious accommodations including a large cockpit, comfortable pilothouse area, open galley, a guest cabin with twin berths, and two heads with stall showers, washer/dryer, and a luxurious master suite with queen-sized center-line bunk.
This interior is reminiscent of a bygone era of boating. The interior is finished in high gloss varnished cherry with custom detailing, a bright varnished teak and tulipwood cabin sole, and an overhead of painted v-groove paneling and custom detailed exposed deck beams. All closets are lined in planked cedar. The overheads are cream lacquer wood with high-gloss cherry accents reminding us of the old Hinckley sailing yachts. Four highly polished stainless dorades, eight opening screened portlights and nine opening overhead hatches provide great light and natural ventilation, augmented by reverse cycle air conditioning.
Raised panel doors are cherry, and cabin liners are cherry-sheathed. The large overhead hatches have Ocean Air screens and shades. Opening ports with screens custom faux painted to match cherry interior provide additional natural ventilation, augmented by reverse cycle air conditioning. Custom cabin lighting throughout include halogen swivel lights and Cantalupi Cupid satin-nickel bulkhead lamps with rheostat controls. All interior electrical outlets and light switches have cherry covers. Interior cushions are covered in Spinneybeck Blue leather with antler buttons. Countertops throughout are custom including Honey Onyx stone and padded leather with cherry handrail bases in the master stateroom.
Entry to pilothouse from the cockpit is through polished stainless steel framed, full-height, curved, green tinted tempered glass doors. These custom doors have six panels (each side has one fixed plus two sliding, port and starboard), allowing several opening positions up to 64 inches wide, which makes the interior feel open and airy. All fixed windows are laminated with safety glass and the three forward fixed windows have windshield wipers & washers. There is an opening side window to starboard (new motor 2020). The side windows have an electric Ocean Air Skysol roman-style blind system, and the forward windows have outside snap on / off white Textiline fabric shade covers. The pilothouse aft door has roman-style shades. Overhead lighting is provided by halogen lamps on dimmer circuits, and additional lighting is provided by wall-mounted lamps.
A large U-shaped dinette to starboard surrounds a varnished cherry table with custom compass inlay, which can be lowered to convert to a double berth. To starboard are two custom Thomas Moser cherry chairs on either side of the custom cherry cabinet which holds the entertainment center, and a Samsung television with HDTV satellite receiver is concealed in a cabinet outboard and raised by an electric lift. The Bose Lifestyle 28 surround-sound audio system has an XM radio receiver. A bar area with storage below is all the way forward to port, and a built-in chart drawer is in the top.
The helm is forward and to starboard with twin adjustable helm seats. Navigation electronics are installed for ease of use and service and have been completely replaced along with a redesigned and upholstered display area (2021). A companionway forward leads below decks to the galley and staterooms.
The pilothouse is finished with gloss-varnished cherry including dash and bar area and the varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole has removable protective covers. Upholstery is tufted Spinneybeck Blue dark leather with custom sliced antler buttons. The twin Moser cherry chairs are upholstered in matching Spinneybeck Blue leather, and there are padded Spinneybeck Blue leather tops on the helm pod, entertainment center and bar top.
Down several steps from the pilothouse, the U-shaped galley is to port. This area is open above to the pilothouse and receives additional light and ventilation from the opening port and overhead hatch. There is ample storage for crockery, supplies and provisioning in drawers and lockers.
The double stainless steel sink is aft facing, and outboard of it is a countertop accessed storage bin. The countertop has a back lip that protects the cherry bulkhead. Over the sink is a fitted rack for dish storage. The microwave/convection oven is flush-mounted over the sinks. Below the sink is a storage space accessed through two hinged doors.
Outboard is a glass two burner electric cooktop with storage drawers under and storage lockers outboard, and the twin drawer refrigeration/freezer system with cherry joinery. There is additional counter space with storage below and over, and a door to access the trash can and recycle bin.
• Corian Magna Sahara counter top with custom edge details.
• Force 10 2-burner electric cook top (2019)
• Stainless steel microwave/convection oven - flush mounted above sink (2019)
• Trash compactor
• Double polished stainless steel under mounted sink with Grohe single-lever fixture with sprayer
• Instant hot water spigot
• (2) Sub Zero 700TCI Refrigeration and Freezer/ice maker drawers with cherry faces
• 110 volt AC icemaker in a locker below the companion helm seat
• Additional 110-VAC outlets are positioned for coffee maker and toaster
• Over-counter lighting with dimmer
• Storage for dinner service for 8
• Inboard locker in galley has adjustable shelves, pass-through doors on pilothouse side
• Keurig Coffee/Latte/Cappuccino machine
The full width master stateroom all the way forward is quite luxurious. Entered from the companionway through a solid cherry door, this stateroom has a centerline forward-facing queen berth with storage drawers below. A desk is centered on the forward bulkhead, and dressers with Honey Onyx stone countertops are port and starboard of it. A TV is bulkhead mounted over the desk and facing the bed. A custom Thomas Moser desk chair and the padded headboard are covered in tufted Spinneybeck Blue leather. Moving aft there is cedar lined hanging lockers port and starboard, and a small settee to port by the bath door.
• Ample storage in lockers and drawers port and starboard.
• Custom finished Navy-style portlights.
• Overhead lighting on dimmer circuit.
• Bulkhead mounted lighting forward and aft.
• Custom halogen swivel art lighting over the owner's bunk to illuminate anything mounted on bulkhead.
• Reverse-cycle AC/heat vents
• Samsung TV/monitor with HDTV satellite TV receiver, and stereo speakers.
• Bose Lifestyle 28 surround-sound audio system with XM satellite radio receiver.
• Queen innerspring mattress
• Thomas Moser cherry chair with Spinney Blue leather cushion slides under vanity/desk for storage.
• Desk top/vanity has a custom leather inset and lifts up, and has mirror on back side.
• Surround audio system and separate satellite radio receiver.
Across from the galley to starboard, the guest cabin is entered through a pocket-style door. This cabin has two twin berths, one forward and one aft, covered with Sunbrella covers. There is drawer storage under the berths and a hanging locker and dresser between. Locker storage is at the head of each berth and also at the foot of the forward berth.
• 110 volt outlet.
• Overhead lighting on dimmer.
• Bulkhead mounted lighting.
• Reverse cycle AC/heat vent.
• Honey Onyx stone dresser top.
• Two flush-mounted speakers.
The guest bath is forward of the galley to port and is finished in varnished cherry including lockers and mirror trim and has with a light cream gelcoat molded sole for easy cleaning.
• Corian Magna Sahara countertops with undermounted stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture.
• Sealand VacuFlush marine toilet plumbed directly to 100-gallon holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the macerator pump.
• Stall shower with Lucite doors, with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve.
• Opening portlight.
• Overhead lighting has dimmer except for shower.
• Storage areas are outboard and under sink.
• Custom towel racks.
Utility Center and Storage Areas
To starboard, forward of guest cabin, is a large storage area with double cherry doors. This area serves as a utility center, and houses the Miele front-loading washer and dryer, plumbed to the sump tank. Also built-in here is the Seavac central vacuum system, a hanging locker, and additional storage compartments.
Electronics and Navigation
The helm is forward to starboard in the pilothouse, and has and has two Stidd helm seats covered in Spinneybeck Blue leather. The Helm seats are electrically powered to move up and down as well as forward and aft. The dash is satin-varnished cherry and the outboard shelf has Blue leather pod surfaces where electronics are mounted. This area also has the Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, navigational instruments, engine gauges, and a teak-rimmed steering wheel. The foot well at helm station is 5" higher than pilothouse sole for improved visibility.
• "JetStick" system - includes manual override back-up
• Simrad AP70 autopilot
• (2) Simrad GO12 XSE radar / chart plotter displays (2021)
• Simrad halo20+ radar (2021)
• Speed, depth, and wind displays
• Vesper cortex VHF / AIS Radio (2021)
• Furuno SCX-20 GPS (2021)
• Ritchie® Globemaster compass
• PowerMax DA 4000SBR cell phone power amplifier/wireless repeater with masthead antenna
• 110-VAC outlet
• Varnished cherry mug racks are port and starboard of the helm
• Varnished cherry binocular box.
• (2) Bose Lifestyle 28 surround-sound audio systems with XM radio receivers and
• DVD/CD player - Forward system includes sub-woofer and amplifier
• (5) Pilothouse speakers
• (2) Speakers in Owner's cabin
• (2) Bose waterproof cockpit speakers.
• KVH G4 Satellite TV system w/2 receivers
• Samsung TV with electric lift in Pilothouse
• TV in Master
• Storage for 50 CD/DVD's in Owner's cabin and Pilothouse.
• Samsung DVD/Blu-ray player
Deck and Hull
The varnished teak transom, Midnight Blue Awlgrip hull, Light Cream Gelcoat deck, Cream Awlgrip single boot stripe and green bottom make this boat look stunning. Stainless steel bow rails, varnished teak toe rail and cockpit coamings along with varnished teak handrails give the boat a great balance of looks and functionality.The deep, teak sole cockpit with forward and aft-facing seating has a walk-through transom door to the swim platform. Wide side decks with integral fender storage, properly placed handrails and bow rail, and a huge foredeck locker makes handling lines/fenders easy and safe for docking.
• Hydraulic Muir windlass - mounted in custom anchor well.
• Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller for primary anchor.
• 55-lb Delta primary anchor with 200' x 3/8" HT chain rode.
• 40-lb Fortress FX55 Secondary: anchor with chain and rope rode.
• Anchor locker molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatch.
• Anchor windlass control at helm station.
• Remote control for anchor windlass.
• Saltwater deck wash and fresh water spigot are located in foredeck locker.
• Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse with snaps and a zipper.
• (2) Bose waterproof cockpit speakers - controlled from main system.
• Courtesy lighting under cockpit coaming.
• Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve with shower near transom door.
• Dockside water supply inlet and shore cable TV/phone inlet.
• Sunbrella Navy cockpit cushions.
• Lockers under cockpit coamings port and starboard.
• (8) portlights (all opening) with screens.
• (9) opening overhead hatches with stainless steel frames provide a light and airy interior.
• Ocean air Skyscreens provide bug screens/shades on all overhead hatches.
• Powered Ocean Air Skysol pleated shades on pilothouse side windows.
• Custom detailed Onyx or Corian countertops in galley and heads.
• Custom rheostat cabin lighting throughout provides enhanced ambiance.
• Midnight Blue / Green Awlgrip hull.
• Light Cream gelcoat deck and cabintop, with molded-in nonskid.
• Single Cream Awlgrip boottop.
• Green bottom paint.
• Varnished teak transom.
• Gold leaf name and hail.
• Two custom step lights.
• Custom pop-up cleat on swim platform - acts has a handrail for swim ladder.
• 30" high 316L stainless steel bow rail.
• Molded non-skid surface on side deck and cabin housetop walking surfaces.
• Smooth gelcoat surface on vertical surfaces of deck, house, waterways, and pilothouse top.
• Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile.
• Custom varnished teak name lantern boards with running lights on pilothouse roof sides.
• Varnished teak molded eyebrow molding around cabin top.
• Varnished teak handrails are mounted on forward cabintop and along the top of pilothouse roof, port and starboard.
• Custom painted teak side handrails under the port and starboard pilothouse roof match the deck.
• (4) custom varnished teak dorade boxes on trunk cabin with polished stainless steel cowl vents with Broan closures in accommodations.
• (2) Open custom Hinckley stainless steel open bow chocks.
• (4) Closed custom Hinckley chocks.
• (10)316 stainless steel mooring cleats bow, stern and springline cleats.
• Bow and stern cleats are 12" and springline cleats are 10"
• (5) Smoke gray tint hatches with stainless steel frames & SkyScreen screens & blinds.
• Overboard direct drainage scuppers for cockpit.
• Custom Hinckley fender storage lockers in side decks.
• Wichard folding padeyes and chafe strips for fender and docklines near stern cleats.
• Huge foredeck locker w/outboard motor bracket and lashing for inflatable dinghy.
• Custom Hinckley aluminum mast and 2 antenna domes for all boat antennas
• Teak bow burgee pole with flush socket.
• Stern mounted 4' varnished teak staff with flush socket.
• Shaw and Tenney varnished wood-handled boat hook.
• Assorted dock lines and fender.
• 120/240 volts AC
• 24 volts DC
• Two Glendinning powered shore cord reels.
• Custom lighted circuit breaker panel w/smoked glass cover, meters, switches, and indicator lights.
• Common wire bonding with a minimum branch wire size of #8 AWG per ABYC.
• Start batteries: Four (4) BCI group 31 AGM batteries for main engines and generator.
• House service: Four (4) BCI group 31 AGM batteries for the main house bank.
• Heavy-duty battery switches for port and starboard engines, with ability to parallel start batteries.
• (2) 100 amp 24 volt DC.Balmar alternators.
• (2) 24 volt DC battery chargers.
• 240 volts AC from shore with 12-volt DC electronics panel.
• 12 Volt lighting.
• (2) 120/240 volts AC Power 50 amp inlets.
• Custom 12-volt cockpit outlet - under stbd forward teak coaming.
• Link 10 battery monitor.
• New (2021) Northern Lights generator
• Remote panel with gauges for generator starting.
• Twin 2004 Man D2842LE404 diesel engines with 1864hrs port and 1859hrs starboard (07/2021).
• 2,000hr MAN engine service completed (2021)..
• Engine room hatch lift rams replaced (2021).
• (3) Groco ARG Sea Strainers replaced (2021).
• Foam/composite engine room insulation with metal covering on visible surfaces.
• (2) Hamilton 403 water jets, nozzles and buckets replaced by Hinckley (2020).
• Jet impellers / props replaced (2021).
• Hinckley JetStick system-integrates forward and aft motion of boat, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick.
• Twin Disc MG-5145SC transmissions.
• Double gaskets on access door to engine room.
• Engine Air Intake: Air De-misters at both vents. Baffled and insulated.
• LED Engine room lighting (2016).
• Alarms for low engine oil pressure, engine high water temperature.
• Racor fuel-water filters with pressure gauges, water sensors, petcock and drain tubes.
• Racor in-line fuel/air separators.
• Baffled and insulated engine air intakes with air de-misters at both vents.
• Underwater exhaust system - with low speed by-pass.
• Side Power hydraulic bow thruster.
• Dual-cylinder stainless steel trim tabs.
• Power-assist steering.
• Oil Transfer Pump - reversible, 24-Volt DC - for main engines, transmissions, and generator.
• A custom 5-gallon oil reservoir in engine room is plumbed to the oil transfer pump.
• Fresh hot and cold pressurized water.
• 24-VDC main and back-up pumps supplying Galley, Shower, Head and Cockpit shower.
• (2) Automatic 24-volt DC sump pumps for showers, washing machine and air-conditioning condensate.
• (4) Rule® 24-volt DC electric 3500-GPH bilge pumps with ULTRA automatic float switches.
• Highwater bilge alarm.
• Saltwater deck wash deck wash pump with hose connections on deck near anchor roller.
• 17-gallon water heater - marine insulated stainless steel heater.
• 100-gallon aluminum holding tank.
• 200-gallon stainless steel fresh water tank.
• Marine Air Systems reverse-cycle marine air conditioning - one 24,000 BTU "chilled water" system with four (4) separate air handlers for the salon (air handlers replaced 2019),
galley and heads, guest cabin and owner's stateroom (complete servicing 2021).
• Significant AC ductwork replaced (2019).
• AC circulation pump replaced (2019).
• Miele WT-2780 washer and dryer.
• Central vacuum system.
The hull is the Hinckley DualGuard Composite Construction- Kevlar®/E-glass outer skin with balsa and Corecell® core and Carbon fiber inner skin, infused with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®). The deck is E-glass skin with balsa and Corecell® core, laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®). These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, greater hull strength against impact damage, and thermal insulation. Thru hull fittings are Non-metallic composite with ball-valve seacocks are below waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines. Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molding. The swim platform is painted to match hull color with teak decking inserts and stainless steel half round with a stainless steel telescoping 3-step swim ladder under swim platform.
• Fireboy fire suppression system with automatic engine shutdown.
• (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-lb. Type B-1 fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C fires.
• Aft-deck flood light mounted on mast.
• Kahlenberg 24-Volt DC dual-trumpet air horn with switch at helm.
• ARC RCL-95 Searchlight (2021)
• Assorted adult and child life vests
• Navigation lights
• Coast Guard safety package
“BIG DECISION” originally built as “THUNDER” for one of this country's most experienced yachtsmen is one of the most detailed T55’s Hinckley has built. The attention to every detail - functional, mechanical and aesthetic - remind one of a world-class "megayacht". This is truly a unique vessel and will offer her next owner a continued level of style, comfort and thoroughbred performance relatively few ever have the opportunity to experience. Her aggressive asking price compared to her sister ships is indicative of the owner’s desire to sell. Recent work in 2020/2021 includes: new generator and sound shield, new electronics, new Hamilton jet nozzles and buckets, new jet impellers / props, 2000hr MAN engine service, new MAN engine monitoring panel, new engine room hatch lift rams, complete air conditioning service. BIG DECISION is in beautiful shape, fully serviced and ready for immediate new owner use.
Owner’s personal effects that may be aboard at the time of viewing.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.