The 198-foot (60.35m) Feadship superyacht BLUE MOON was built by famed Dutch yacht builder Feadship. Launched from the Van Lent shipyard, BLUE MOON hit the water in 2005. This remarkable custom-built yacht features interior and exterior design by Donald Starkey and Lee Perot. An exemplary example of Feadship quality, BLUE MOON has won a variety of awards since her launch, including “Best full-displacement motor yacht over 56 meters” at the 2006 ShowBoats Awards, “Star of the Show” at the 2005 Monaco Yacht Show and a World Yachts World Trophy for yachts between 150 and 200 feet in 2006.
BLUE MOON benefits from the highest possible level of pedigree and craftmanship from her owner, but also features bespoke elements that set her apart from other yachts. BLUE MOON has an all-decks glass elevator that makes her accessible for all guests. She also features an observation lounge on her bridge deck that provides exceptional, panoramic views thanks to floor-to-ceiling glass windows and a sunroof that opens fresh air and natural light. One of the most appreciated features is the yacht’s 1,200-square-foot master stateroom, located on the main deck. In addition to being a simply opulent and comfortable place to rest one’s head, this suite also features a full office and a private gym.
The additional five staterooms of BLUE MOON, located below deck, are equally as comfortable as the master. The yacht’s flexible configuration allows for a variety of stateroom layouts, from three to five, depending on the owners’ or guests’ needs. For example, four of these five staterooms can be combined to create two large VIP suites, each of which has its own his-and-hers en-suite bathroom and a sitting room. Additionally, a guest gymnasium is on this deck. All staterooms feature entertainment facilities and top-quality amenities.
The interior spaces of BLUE MOON exemplifies classic styling with traditional elements creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. She offers a variety of spaces to relax and unwind, from her main deck main salon to the bridge deck lounge with a full bar, game table and large 82-inch drop-down TV. Guests can enjoy formal indoor dining on the main deck or the bridge deck, which also becomes an alfresco dining spaces once the enclosing glass panels are stowed. Up to 12 guests can enjoy the sumptuous experience at this wonderful table.
Other highlights of BLUE MOON include her on-deck Jacuzzi with large sunpads, her main deck aft lounge space, ideally suited for morning coffees or afternoon cocktails, her full suite of tenders and toys and her large swim platform providing easy access to the water.
BLUE MOON has been exceptionally maintained since her launch. In 2019, her Quantum Zero Speed stabilizers were upgraded to XT fin type. Her shore power units were replaced, and she completed her 15-year Lloyds’ survey. In 2018 the yacht’s superstructure was repainted and her hull and main-deck bulwarks were repainted in February 2021. The yacht has only had one owner since her launch and has been lovingly cared for by a long-time, experienced crew.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Northrop and Johnson. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
- Quantum Zero speed stabilizers upgraded to XT fin type (Nov 2019)
- Shore power units replaced (Nov 2019)
- All three Generators upgraded to Scania 300kw.
- Hull & main deck bulwarks repainted Feb '21. Superstructure repainted in 2018/19
- 15 year Lloyds Class survey completed Nov '19
- Excellent Feadship quality
- Experienced owner has built multiple Feadship’s
- Original owner and an extremely experienced, longstanding crew
- 6 staterooms, elevator, guest & owner gymnasiums, and tender pockets on bridge deck
- Wheelchair accessible
- 2006 World Yacht Trophy 150’-200’
- 2006 Showboat Best Full Displacement Motor Yacht Over 56 Meters
- 2005 Monaco “Star of the Show”, awarded by the Prince of Monaco.*
- Yacht Magazine 60 Meter of the Year
2005 198’ Feadship built at the Royal Van Lent Shipyard (Yard #793, delivered June 4, 2005) and naval architecture by De Voogt Naval Architects. Exterior styling and interior design by Donald Starkey and Lee Perot. She has a displacement hull, constructed of steel with an aluminum superstructure and is built to Lloyds Class (Class notation: 100 A1, SSC,Yacht (P), Mono, G6, LMC, SCM) with MCA compliance. Note: Lloyds 15 year class survey completed in Nov. 2019. Blue Moon has seven (7) watertight compartments, and nearly 9,000 square feet of living space.
Length Overall: 198 feet (60.35 meters)
Length at Waterline: 175 feet (53.35 meters)
Beam: 37 feet (11.29 meters)
Draft:11 feet (3.35 meters)
Air Draft: 52.5 feet (16.0 meters)
Tonnage: 1,102 gross
Net tonnage: 330 (NT)
Displacement full: 1,064 tonnes
Fuel Capacity: 37,433 US Gallons (141,700 liters)
Water Capacity: 8,084 US Gallons (30,600 liters)
Lube Oil: 674 US Gallons (2,550 liters)
Waste Oil: 621 US Gallons (2,350 liters)
Wastewater:565 US Gallons w/M.S.D. (2,140 liters)
Gray Water: 2,787 US Gallons (4 tanks) (10,550 liters)
Speed and Fuel Usage
Maximum: 16 knots
Cruising: 13 knots 4,700 nm
Hull color: Snow White - Painted 2021
Superstructure color: Snow White - Painted 2019
Antifouling: Black Micron 99 - Painted 2019
Owner’s area & Main Salon: Cherry with inlaid panels
Guest staterooms: Mahogany with cherry inlaid panels
Foyers: Flame Mahogany
Bridge& Captains cabin: Teak with flame cut teak inlay panels
Skylounge: Chestnut with quarter cut chestnut inlay
Crew Area: Elm
Number of Guests: 12
Number of Cabins: 6
Gymnasium: one for guests on lower level and one for owner in the Master.
Elevator: 4 station hydraulic elevator from lower deck to sundeck, rated for 350Kg. Capable of fitting a small wheelchair.
Master stateroom is on deck with 1,200 square feet of Owner’s Suite, including a separate large Owner’s office to starboard and Owner’s gymnasium/spa to port. This is a much larger than the average Owner’s suite with private/separate access to all three rooms which have their own en-suite bathrooms. Large, windows allow maximum light and visibility to the sea.
BLUE MOON offers 5 guest staterooms on the lower deck plus a separate guest gymnasium (forward to starboard).
This extremely flexible design provides for the option to combine four of these guest staterooms to create two large VIP suites, each with a sitting room and separate his and her bathroom. As such, on the Guest Level, you have the choice of a five, four, or three stateroom layout. Options:
- Guest Cabin 1 (Queen)
- Guest Cabin 2 (King, 2 x Twins or Lounge)
- Guest Cabin 3 (Queen)
- Guest Cabin 4 (Queen)
- Guest Cabin 5 (King, 2 x Twins or Lounge)
- Forward Suite Conversion:
- Guest Cabin 1
- Guest Cabin 2
- Aft Suite Conversion:
- Guest Cabin 3
- Guest Cabin 5
- Mega Suite Conversion:
- Guest Cabin 3
- Guest Cabin 4
- Guest Cabin 5
- Guest Gym (Can be used for Massage Bed set up)
Guest area notes:
- Guest foyer with Subzero refrigerator and Hoshizaki ice maker under service area.
- Guest cabins 1 & 3 have tubs
- Elevator access to this level.
- Crew access for service is hidden in the forward part of the hallway.
The main salon is accessed from the aft deck via automated doors and is surrounded on all sides by massive windows. Separated by a small buffet cabinet from the formal dining area, the beautiful wood clad room is a perfect place to greet guests or have a relaxed conversation. Just forward of the main salon is the primary guest entry foyer with a separate formal entrance to starboard. From this area, you can proceed forward to the master stateroom, up to the skylounge or down to the guest staterooms via a beautiful circular stairway or spacious 4 level elevator.
Skylounge and Upper aft deck
- Large seating area to port side and game table to starboard
- Wet bar forward with Subzero refrigerator and Hoshizaki ice maker, concealed glass storage
- 65” TV in ceiling
- 4 panel sliding door that opens full beam to combine skylounge with upper aft deck.
- Customized sliding door system allows the aft dining area to be enclosed in inclement weather.
- Assorted settees and chairs scattered throughout the upper aft deck.
- Dining for 8-12 guests
- Windscreen doors to port and starboard
- Dining for 8-12 guests aft
- Hidden TV behind cabinet
- Assorted chairs and chaise lounges
- Windscreen doors to port and starboard
- Elevators to sundeck interior near a large interior observation room with large windows
- Jacuzzi forward surrounded by large sunpad
- Grill, bar, dumbwaiter, refrigerator, ice maker on port side forward
- Captains stateroom behind bridge with second access to walkaround deck.
- Captains office across the hall behind bridge
- Note:1st officer and chief stewardess offices in pilothouse
- 7 crew cabins forward below deck
- Crew Mess and crew galley
- Starboard passage to shell door opening at waterline level
- Tank Deck
- Additional staff cabin for two (2) persons
- Walk in refrigerators to starboard side
- Two (2) dry stores lockers starboard side
- Laundry to port side
- Lower deck crew lounge
- Wine cellar
- Coffee station
- Milk refrigeration
- Subzero 601R
- Second access to walkaround deck
- Sink & Insinkerator
- Commercial ice machine
- Additional foldable counter space
- Large storage area for toys and gear
- Overhead gantry crane to launch two (2) jetskis
- Large storage lockers to starboard side
- Technical areas to port and starboard for ship’s equipment
- Entry to engine room forward
Wheelchair access: yacht is generally wheelchair accessible for a small wheelchair.
- Engine Type: 2x Caterpillar 3516B DI-TA 1492 kW @ 1600 rpm maximum. Sixteen (16) cylinder, twin turbo charged, after cooled, four-stroke cycle high speed diesel engines. They are fitted with block heaters, triple Racor fuel filters, pre-lube pumps and are 24VDC started. They are coupled to the reverse / reduction gear using a flexible Centa coupling and four (4) point resiliently mounted.
- Engine Hours (as of 6/15/21): Port: 13,778, Starboard: 13,782
- Next Service: Major overhaul due at 16,000 hours (estimated)
- Gearboxes: ZF (ZFW 7500) with 4.026:1 reduction gear
- Drive: Two 5-bladed NiBrAl propellers (1900mm diameter/1664mm pitch), C45-N special steel shaft (175mm diameter) in oil bath stern tubes.
Engine RPM Engine Load Consumption/ Engine Gen Load Consumption/ Generator Total Consumption/Hour Total Consumption/24 Hours
1600 100% 370 L/hr (95 Gal/hr ) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 776 L/hr (207 Gal/hr) 18,624 L/day (4,968 Gal/day)
1500 82% 310 L/hr (82 Gal/hr) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 656 L/hr (175 Gal/hr) 15,744 L/day (4,200 Gal/day)
1400 65% 240 L/hr (64 Gal/hr) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 516 L/hr (138 Gal/hr) 12,384 L/day (3,312 Gal/day)
1300 47% 190 L/hr (51 Gal/hr) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 416 L/hr (111 Gal/hr) 9,984 L/day (2,664 Gal/day)
1200 43% 145 L/hr (39 Gal/hr) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 326 L/hr (87 Gal/hr) 7,824 L/day (2,088 Gal/day)
1100 30% 110 L/hr (29 Gal/hr) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 256 L/hr (68 Gal/hr) 6,144 L/day (1,632 Gal/day)
1000 25% 80 L/hr (21 Gal/hr) 70% 36 L/hr (10 Gal/hr) 196 L/hr (52 Gal/hr) 4,704 L/day (1,248 Gal/day)
Generators & Electricity
Generators: 3x Scania DI13 074M, 300kW (New 2013) – dedicated generator room
1x Perkins 4TGM/13 - 73KW emergency generator (outside engine room) – 52 hours
Hours (as of June 14, 2021): Port:10,271 Center: 10,530 Starboard: 12,579
Next Service: Top end rebuild due at 20,000 hours (estimated)
Generator Fuel Consumption: 40 liters per hour, 960 liters per day per generator
Shore Power: 2x Shore power cables
Converter: 2x 150 kVa ASEA Shorepower converters (new 2019)
Incoming: 480V 3phase or any frequency/voltage worldwide
Output volts: 440 volt/ 60 Hz
Batteries: 2x Main engine starting: 24V
3x Generator starting: 24v
Shipboard description: Three-phase 440V/60Hz system with automatic parallel system with automatic synchronizing and load sharing.
Type: Heinen & Hopman chilled water circulation system to the central air-handling units with ducting throughout the yacht. Certain technical areas have dedicated fan coil units. Heating from electric heaters. Compressors have frequency controls for power management. Fresh air makeup units installed.
Watermakers: 2x HEM 40 reverse osmosis w/ capacity for 16,000 lt / day each
Stabilizers: 1x Quantum Zero speed fin stabilizers with XT Upgrade (2019)
Bow Thruster: 1x Jastram 135 kW electro motor with 4 bladed propeller with frequency control.
Stern Thruster: 1x Veth 110 kW electro motor retractable – 360 degrees
Fuel Filtration: 1x Westfalia OTC 2-02-137 fuel oil purifier
2x Racor fuel filters on each engine
Air Compressors:2x Kaeser
Steering System: Tenfjord
Oily Water Separator: DVZ – 500 liters/day
Hot water: 2x Nine 800 liter tanks with 18kw heating elements. Hot water circulating pump installed.
Bilge Water Filtration: An oily bilge water separator, type DVZ 250, 15 ppm, with alarm
Sewage System: Hamann treatment system – US Coast Guard Type II & IMP approved – 24,000 liters / day.
Fresh Water System: Three Speck pumps, one pressure tank with water softener. A silver sterilizer and charcoal filter are also in line.
Grey & Black Water Pumps: 6x Johnson
Fire and Bilge Pumps: 4x Johnson
Antifouling: Cathelco system installed in seawater inlet chests
COMMUNICATION & NAVIGATION SYSTEMS
Satcom: 1x Inmarsat-F Satcom Nera F77
1x Inmarsat-F Satcom Nera F33
Tele. System: 1x Panasonic KX-TD 12/32 PABX
AIS: Furuno FA-170
SSB: 1x Sailor Compact 4500 SSB
VHF: 2x Sperry RT 4822 w/ DSC
8x Portable ICOM IC-M1V
Intercom: Panasonic PBX or individual radios
Ships Computer: Dell computer
Computer Printer: Hewlett Packard
Nav. Computer: Custom
Radar: 1x Furuno X band with 8 ft antenna and ARPA
1x Furuno S Band with 12 ft antenna and ARPA
Gyrocompass: 2x Anschutz Standard 20 gyro
Compass: 1x Observator MK3
Automatic Pilot: 1x Anschutz Nautopilot 2015
Horn: 1x Kahlenberg Air Horn Model T5
Digital Depth: 1x Furuno FCV-582L w/ 50/200 kHz transducer
1x B&G Hydra 2000
GPS: 2x LEICA, model MX-420
BNWAS: 1x Furuno
Speedlog: 1x Sperry Naviknot III
Wind: B&G hydra 2000 wind system with 20/20 display
System Monitor: Dekasis by DeKaizer
Chart Plotter :Transas Marine with ECDIS
Monitors: 7x Bridge monitors for multifunction
Searchlights:1x Carlisle and Finch 35 million candle power
- Six (6) centralized AV racks in pilothouse in air conditioned AV storage. AMX architecture, upgraded annually with “white glove” service. Interface is via IPad/Iphone app in each zone or centralized access. Boca Theater Automation (BTA).
- New state-of-the-art DVR streaming device & server, named MODULUS, installed in July 2021. This service is accessible in every room/TV on the yacht, including crew, via WiFi/VSAT. DVR storage capability built into the system.
- KALIEDESCAPE system accessible in every room/TV on the yacht.
- DirecTV (including Caribbean access) accessible in every room/TV on the yacht. HD service.
- Variety of music/audio inputs and capability.
- XBOX1 in Salon and Skylounge.
- Complete AV control via IPad or Iphone in each room of the yacht. All new IPads in 2020.
- Salon fold down TV from ceiling: 65” Sony
- Skylounge fold down TV from ceiling: 65” Sony
- Lurton system integrated with AMX architecture for full ship’s lighting control via IPad/Iphone.
- Lighting upgraded to LED throughout the yacht.
- Underwater lights aft (x8).
- Blinds are all controlled locally by electronic switch (can be upgraded to central system).
GALLEY & LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
Main Deck Galley Equipment
- 1x MKN 6-burner electric range w/ Griddle
- 1x MKN commercial steam oven w/ hood
- 1x MKN Salamander
- 1x Viking microwave oven
- 2x Wolf Ovens (standard)
- 1x twin basket deep fat fryer
- 1x Prepping rack system
Dumbwaiter: 1x 3 station foodlift from tank deck to main deck and a 3 station foodlift from main deck to sundeck – 100kg capacity, electrically driven
Refrigerations:2x SubZero 601R in galley
Walk-in Refrigeration: 2x Two custom-built cool/freeze rooms – 18 cu meters of storage
Garbarge:1x Refrigerated garbage storage
Sink: 1x Stainless steel – one for chef and double for service
Wine Cooler: 1x 48 bottle Subzero
Trash compactor: 1x Commercial Trash compactor on tank deck
Waste: 1x Garbage disposal in galley
Main Pantry Equipment
Refrigeration & Freezer: 1x Subzero 601R refrigerator & Subzero min freezer
Ice Maker: 1x Hoshizaki: IM-30C/E
Wine Cooler: 1x Subzero 424
Dishwasher: 2x Hobart & Bosch super silent
Waste: 1x waste disposer ISE 75
Crew Galley/Mess Equipment
Cooking Equipment: 1x Viking microwave oven
- 2x Subzero refrigerators 700TR (refrigerator plus 4 drawers)
- 1x Ice-cube maker Hoshizaki IM-30CLE
Coffee: 1x Bunn
Dishwasher: 1x Bosch super silent
Trash compactor: 1x Viking (on tank deck)
Guest lobby on lower deck
Refrigeration: 1x Undercounter refrigerator Miele K621 Ui
Ice-cube maker: 1x Hostizaki IM 30CLE
Laundry Equipment: 2x 10kg capacity WS 5100 Miele
Pressing Equipment: 1x Roller ironer Miele B 890
- 2x 10kg capacity T 6251 Miele
- 1x Stacked washer/dryer combo of 5kg capacity Miele WS 5425/T 5206
TENDERS & TOYS
Tenders: 1x 25’ Chris Craft (2004) with Volvo Penta 8.2 liter gas engine
1x Nautica 15’ RIB emergency tender (2003) with 2012 Yamaha T60C outboard (on bow)
Toys: 2x Yamaha XL700 wave runners (2004, in Lazarette)
Anchor Windlass: 2x Ascon vertical two-speed electric windlasses - 7.5 kW, 440 V Volt, three phase, 60 cycle, each with wildcats and stainless-steel gypsy for handling lines
Anchors: 2x HHP Pool-type high holding power, semi-balanced galvanized bow anchors 765 kg
Anchor Chain: 2x 192.5 meters of 28mm Grade U2 galvanized studlink chain
Deck Capstans: 2x Ascon vertical capstans - 4 kW, 208 Volt AC, 3-phase, for handling lines of the aft deck
Crane and Davits: 2x custom-built Van Driel electric operated overhead crane beams with safe working load of 2,500 kg each beam. Two speed lifting and lowering.
1x separate Van Driel crane for handling 16’ MOB-boat/crew on foredeck. 750Kg working load.
1x Van Driel aft peak crane in Lazarette – 400kg capacity
Passerelle: 1x Akerboom 6.22m (20.5’) aluminum Riviera electric/hydraulic gangway and wheel set for resting on dock – 200kg capacity
Boarding Ladders: 1x Akerboom hydraulic side boarding ladder with adjustable steps, integrated in the bulwark at the Owner’s entrance (starboard) – 350kg capacity. Additional “Marquipt” provided for other entrances.
Swim Ladder: 1x removable swimming ladder
Showers: 2x Sundeck side deck and swim platform
Mooring Whips: 4x Mooring whips for tenders installed on swim platform with additional brackets on port and starboard side amidships
SECURITY, FIRE FIGHTING & SAFETY EQUIPMENT
CCTV System: 5x Monitors in wheelhouse, captain’s cabin,captain’s office, crew mess & crew lounge
- 2x Cameras, one facing each side deck
- 1x Mounted facing aft on aft deck
- 1x Engine room
- 2x Color camera on bridge deck side near bridge
- 2x Color camera to the mast
- 1x Color camera to the swim platform
- 2x In the bridge and crew mess
- 1x Captain’s cabin
- 1x Ship’s office
- 1x 23 hour timelapse recording unit in bridge deck hallway
- 1x Flatscreen to be sub-divided for as many zones as possible
- Security Alarm: Deck sensors throughout the vessel
Ship Safe: 2x In owner’s suite & captain’s office
Fire Fighting Equipment
Hi-Fog system: Marioff – throughout vessel
Fire/Heat/Smoke Detectors: Throughout
Portable CO2: Throughout
Fire Extinguishers: Throughout
Seawater Firefighting Station:Throughout
Firefighting suits: 2x w/ breathing equipment
Life rafts: 4x 25 person inflatable liferafts
EPRIBS: 2x JOTRON, TRON-40 S
SART: 2x JOTRON 9 SARTS
- Garwood tender
A complete list of exclusions is available upon request.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.