A truly great example of when an owner lavishes on his boat, his pride and joy, "Guardian" is that boat. As a 2004 model, she belies her age. You can see care and money spent, everywhere you look (read through the listing and see all the new equipment), and it's all recent.
Well laid out and thought out, this boat can do intercoastal cruising or make livaboard status, equally well. You should run her though!
The bulletproof 8.3 450hp Cummins have low hours, every cooler and associated hoses replaced, and are both economical, yet powerful enough to push the 48 Islander well over 20 knots.
Shown by Appointment Only.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
As the 4th largest Taiwanese yacht builder, Nova Marine has built over 1500 boats, so it should come as no surprise that the 48 Islander is such a well-crafted vessel.
With handsome lines, heavy duty construction and quality fit and finish throughout, this 48' Cockpit motor yacht named "GUARDIAN" is a real pleasure to board and see. Maintained and upgraded, by her meticulous owners, her fully enclosed and two zone, AC and heated flybridge, and cockpit, adds to her overall living space.
"Guardian" is a must see for a cruising boater or quality seeking live-board buyer.
Powered by reliable 450 Cummins, a full array of electronics, bow thruster, on top of her handsome teak trimmed accommodations, this caliber of 48' cockpit motor yacht at this price, is a rarity in this current brokerage market.
Entering along either companionway, port or starboard, walk aft to the stainless wing doors to the enclosed and air conditioned aft deck. The aft deck is a pleasant living space with teak and holly vinyl sole, loveseat and chairs, wet bar and custom cabinet on the portside. From the aft deck, step up into the air conditioned flybridge. There are two lounge seats on either side of the helm, as well as the comfortable helm seat. A combination of forward hydraulic opening windshields for ventilation, EZ2CY panels and stainless and glass wing doors allow for outside air.
Opening the cabin door portside in the aft deck, you go down into the salon. Once in the comfortable warm teak trim of the salon, you will find a large settee with a hi-lo folding teak table, to the starboard. Along the portside of the salon, there's plenty of storage cabinetry, custom wine cooler and the entertainment center with a large Sony flat screen TV.
From the portside aft, step down into the full beam master, with a centerline queen and en-suite head, with large stall shower. Aft of the master stateroom, is a stainless door to the cockpit and transom door to the swim platform and tender.
Step forward and down into the galley from the salon, there is a guest head to port and guest stateroom forward. Engine room access is via the raised steps to the galley or in hatches in the salon's teak sole.
The salon offers large side windows for plenty of natural light, teak and holly sole, wrap-around seating (a custom chaise with storage underneath) and a hi-lo folding teak table to starboard, storage cabinet and drawer starboard forward and storage cabinets and wine cooler to port.
- Samsung flat screen TV, New 2017
- Samsung Blu-Ray Player, New 2017
- KVH SAT TV, NEW 2017
- Bose Speakers salon (not connected but wired to cabinet below TV)
- Wine/beverage (70 can) Cooler, New 2017
- 12/120 Volt AC/DC Panel
- Overhead Lighting
- Privacy Curtains
- Excellent storage
- Starboard side trim access door to wiring to flybridge. Great idea!
The large, open galley is down and to starboard.
- Princess 3-Burner Electric Cooktop and Oven
- Norcold 12/24 Vdc 120vac Refrigerator/Freezer, New 2017
- Whirlpool Microwave Oven
- Solid Surface Countertop
- Molded-In Large Sink
- Dry Storage, Storage Cabinets and Drawers, Shelf
The full beam master stateroom is aft and offers a centerline queen size berth, nightstand, reading lights, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, full-length mirror, teak and holly sole, door to the cockpit, four port lights, Samsung flat screen TV and an en-suite head. The en-suite head offers an enclosed shower, solid-surface countertop, stainless steel sink, port light and Jabsco electric head.
The guest stateroom is forward and offers an island queen size berth, reading lights, overhead hatch, shelves, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, teak and holly sole and en-suite head.
- V-Berth folding mattress, New 2017
The sundeck offers a hardtop, opening side windows, stainless steel and glass wing doors, stainless steel and glass door to the salon, EZ2CY enclosure aft, reverse cycle heat and air conditioning, Wicker deck furniture, vinyl teak and holly sole, a wet bar with a U-Line ice maker, sink and liquor cabinet, molded-in steps to the flybridge and a desk/storage cabinet port aft.
The cockpit offers a non-skid deck, transom door to the swim platform, molded-in steps to the sundeck, lazarette access, stainless steel and glass door to the master stateroom and fresh water hot/cold shower.
- Simpson Lawrence Sprint 1500 anchor windlass with foot controls
- 45 lb. Stainless Steel Claw Anchor
- Wash-Down Forward
- Frameless Windows
- Fiberglass Swim Platform
- Harley swim platform dingy davits, New 2017
- Swim Ladder
- Stainless Steel Deck Hardware
- Stainless Steel Rails
- 5 step aluminum boarding ladder and handrails with port/starboard stainless mounts, New 2017
- LED cockpit lighting, New 2017
- LED Navigation lighting, New 2017
- Navigation mast, New 2017
Helm and Electronics
The enclosed flybridge offers a hardtop, glass, hydraulic powered windows forward, EZ2CY panels on each side and aft, reverse cycle heat and air-conditioning, a Lebroc helm seat, full helm forward with storage underneath, wraparound bench seat on each side, vinyl teak and holly sole and non-skid deck.
- Garmin 7612xsv Touchscreen chartplotter/CHIRP sounder, New 2017
- Garmin Panoptics forward view sonar transducer, New 2017
- Garmin GPS Map 800 GPS, New 2017
- Garmin HD2 4kw open array radar, New 2017
- Garmin AIS800 Transceiver, New 2017
- Garmin VHF-AIS radio and antenna, New 2017
- Standard Horizon GPS VHF radio, New 2017
- Standard Horizon hailing and horn external speaker, New 2017
- Rear facing cameras and video monitor, New 2017
- Richie Powerdamp Magnetic Compass
- Mingood Intercom System
- Dedicated battery circuit for flybridge window defrosters and TV cameras, New 2017
- Onan MDKAV 13.5kw Generator
- Raw water pump, Generator, New 2017
- Trace Inverter
- Promariner Pronautic 1260 Battery Charger, New 2015
- 50 Amp Shore Power
- Glendinning Cablemaster in Cockpit
- 6D House and Engine Batteries
Engine and Mechanical
The engine room is accessed from either the raised steps to the galley, or in the hatches in the salon sole.
Displacement cruising speed is 10 knots at 8 gph combined (approx. 1400 rpms)
- Twin Cummins 6BTA8.3M3 450hp Main Engines (1034/1021 hours)
- Engine raw water pumps, New 2017
- Engine Aftercoolers, New 2017
- Engine Heat exchangers, New 2017
- Engine Transmission coolers, New 2017
- Twin Disc MG 5061A Gearboxes
- Morse Engine Controls
- Strong Dripless Shaft Seals, New seals, 2018
- Racor 751000 FHX Dual Racor Fuel Filters with Vacuum Gauges for the Main Engines
- Racor 500FG Fuel Filter for the Generator
- Walker Airseps
- Sidepower Bowthruster
- Seastar Hydraulic Steering System
- Bennett Trim Tabs
- Marine Air 5-Zone Reverse Cycle Air-Conditioning/Heating System
- Raritan 12 Gallon Water Heater, New 2017
- Flojet Fresh Water Pump, New 2017
- Wema Tank Level Gauge
- Manual Bilge Pump (engine room)
- Brig RIG Dinghy and 20HP Honda Outboard
- Falcon 33D Autoinflatable Life Vest (4)
- Hand Held Radios and Ditch Kit
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.