1989 Jefferson 65 Motor Yacht Moon Palace
"Moon Palace" the correct name for this exceptional yacht because a Palace she is! Upon viewing this yacht in person you will realize that her current owner is a perfectionist. Throughout his ownership, this yacht's systems and mechanicals have been continuously upgraded. As she has been kept in a covered slip, her brightwork is in perfect condition. If you are one that truly appreciates wood craftsmanship you will marvel at the unique and world-class woodcraft exhibited on this incredible yacht. This yacht was originally built For the Mossberg Family, as in Mossberg Firearms in 1989. The current owner took possession about 10 years ago and has spent an incredible amount of money to totally customize this yacht.
If you are one that appreciates “old world” craftsmanship, spacious and well-appointed accommodations, and a yacht than you can use immediately, this is your next boat. I can personally think of nothing you would need to do to her because it has already been done! Please contact me to arrange a private showing of this masterpiece. You will not regret it.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Galati Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
As you board the aft deck you will see a ladder that leads down to a custom-crafted, oversized swim platform. On each corner of the swim platform are custom safety rails. On the aft deck are two entertainment centers that feature a full wet bar, ice maker, custom lighting and custom wood overhead panels. Both bars are likewise custom-crafted. There is a custom teak dining table with chairs for enjoying memories with your friends and additional seating and tables to take care of those additional guests. As you enter the salon you see a large u shaped sofa to starboard with teak hi/lo table. To port are two occasional chairs and an additional table. Cabinetry to port houses the entertainment center and in the port aft corner is the stairwell to access the master stateroom Below. Forward towards to the pilothouse to port is a large day head with custom-crafted wooden wall panels. Across from the day head is the large wet bar that services the salon and a day berth that can also serve as a captain's berth. Forward of that is the pilothouse, helm, Captains helm seat and a settee for guests to enjoy sharing the forward view while underway. All helm electronics are housed in custom varnished teak pods. Forward of the helm is a stairwell leading to below decks. Forward is a guest stateroom with upper/lower bunks and a private head with a stalled shower. Aft of the forward stateroom you will find all of the necessary amenities to prepare a gourmet meal. Just aft of the galley is the dining room complete with a wet bar, formal dining table with seating for six guests. Aft of the dining room is another guest stateroom that can serve as a large sofa or upper/lower berths. It too has it’s own private head with stalled shower. As you transit the companionway aft you’ll see a unique addition with clear plexiglass panels allowing full view of the port and starboard engines. Further aft is the full-beam master stateroom with a queen berth and ample storage. For this stateroom, there is a spacious head complete with an oversized stall shower. Last, you can take the ascending stairwell from the helm to the sumptuous flybridge. The forward section of the flybridge is fully air-conditioned and fully enclosed with a clear vinyl enclosure. There you will find the upper helm and cushioned lounges port and starboard for additional seating. Aft of the enclosed section you’ll find an open area complete with sun pad, and lounge seating with a varnished teak table. Aft of that area is the on-deck area with chocks for a tender, and two jet skis stowed on custom made chocks, along with a 1500 LB capacity Davit. On top of the flybridge, the hardtop is a mast that can be raised or lowered and storage for two paddleboards.
- U shaped Sofa
- Teak Hi/lo Table
- Custom lighting
- Two Occasional Chairs
- Table. Entertainment center controls
- Day head
- Ships Wet Bar with Captains berth
- Full Beam
- Centerline queen berth
- Storage closets
- Storage cabinets
- Custom lighting
- Stairwell to main deck
- Air Conditioning
- Toilet, new style
- Mirrored vanity
- Large stalled shower
- Abundant storage
- Medicine cabinet
There are two guest staterooms with private heads, stalled showers, and upper/lower buck berth arrangements
This is a totally separate formal dining area with a varnished teak table and six chairs. Across from the table is a full wet bar and large wine chiller.
- New electric range top with sea rails
- Microwave oven
- Side by side full size refrigerator/freezer
- Double bay stainless sink
- Exhaust system over the range top
- Full-Sized Oven above the range top
- Stack top washer/ dryer in closet adjacent to galley
Helm - Pilothouse
- Full array of electronics, built in, custom, adjustable teak helm pods.
- Captains Helm Chair
- Windshield wipers & washers
- Exit doors to side decks
- Controls and steering wheel
- Engine Synchronizers
- Hydraulic Bow Thruster Control
Trim Tab controls
- Icom M602 VHF Radio
- Garmin 7212 GPS
- Garmin Radar
- Garmin 5208 GPS and Chart Plotter
- SimradAP70 Autopilot
- Caterpillar engine Monitor
- Flir Night Vision
- Icom M802 VHF Radio
- SSB Radio
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio
- Intellian Sat TV system
- Security Cameras, 8 total with three covering entry doors with continuous recording ability.
- Intercom system to all rooms
- Fusion Stereo
- Two Remote spotlights
- Radar - 48 mile
- Radar - 72 mile
- Garmin 8600 GPS/Plotter - Flybridge
- New AC/DC Electrical panel
- Three 50 Amp, 240 Volt shore power cords & Inlets
- 12Volt DC System
- Four Battery Chargers
- Phasor 36KW Generator with sound shield
- Westerbeke 20KW Generator
- Four 8D batteries
- Eight 12V, Optima House batteries
- 12 Volt DC , Anchor windlass
capacity hydraulic Davit on aft deck
- Caterpillar C-18 Diesel Engines, Installed new in 2012.
- Custom viewing window of engine room from the companionway
- Seven Air Conditioning units
- Spare propellers secured overhead
- Delta T air induction/Exhaust system
- Fireboy, 100MA fire extinguishing system
- Racor fuel filters
- One 11 gallon water heater
- One 38 gallon water heater
- 110 volt heavy duty freshwater pump
- 12 volt water pump
- This area was specifically designed for entertaining your guests
- Custom wood framing on side windows
- Custom 2”, book matched varnished teak overhead
- Custom Bar area to starboard with pull out microwave and glass storage
- Drop Down TV
- Custom Bar to port with Refrigerator and Grill
- Custom varnished teak table and chairs
- Additional teak chairs for casual seating
- Induction top, single
- Custom Lighting
- Wet bar with sink
- Full covers and Clear vinyl enclosure for aft deck
- Fully air-conditioned
- Stainless Steel rails around entire decks with varnished teak cap rails
- Bow pulpit, custom Anchor with 200’ of Chain rode.
- Stowage for fenders on forward bow rails
- Two custom dunnage boxes forward with custom varnished teak lids
- Lounge seat forward
- Forward flybridge brow has been enhanced with varnished teak covering
- Custom Teak Swim Platform
- Hand held shower, hot & cold on swim platform
- Emergency 6 Man life raft, Winslow in hard cover.
- Protective Canvas covers for most everything.
All non-skid areas have
been recently renewed
- Full clear vinyl, heavy-duty enclosure
- Fully air-conditioned
- Helm with full controls, electronics repeaters and steering
- Pop up TV, Mechanical
- Custom Lighting
- L-Shaped lounges, Port & starboard with storage beneath
- Additional seating on the aft section
- Sun Pad on the aft section
- Custom wood handcrafted chocks on aft section for dingy & Jet Skis
- 1500LB Davit
- Fiberglass Hardtop, Insulated
- Custom Mast, can be raised or lowered
- Paddle Board storage on top of hardtop
- West Marine 11’ Tender with 15HP outboard engine.
- Rod storage rack beneath sun pad
- Swim platform dive ladder stowed beneath sun pad
- Liquor Dispenser, push button
- Recent bottom paint
Deep V with flat transom
and skeg keel
Additional Items of Interest
- 24 Underwater lights, colors changeable
- All heads are air-conditioned and have new toilets
- There is custom accent lighting throughout the interior and exterior of this yacht.
- The air horns are from a train engine.
- There are two full spare shafts stowed in transom tubes
- There is a ships safe in a secret location
- At 11 knots, this vessel consumes 11 GPH, equaling 1 mile per gallon
All of owners personal items, Teak Blue Water
table on Fly Bridge, All artwork, carvings, etc. throughout entire vessel.
Zebra skin rug, Leather chest in Salon. Hand held VHF Radios and Handheld GPS.
Bottles of liquor & Wine.
Needless to say, this is one of the most unique offerings that this broker has ever offered for sale. All of the dialog and pictures only tell part of the story with regard to this exceptional vessel. Call today for your private showing. You will see that MOON PALACE is truly a highly functional, and well-maintained piece of art.