"Marazul" is a strong, seaworthy design that has many features only found on larger yachts. A raised pilothouse design, she features a large beam (24') with walkaround decks, a huge flybridge for entertaining with a 6,000# crane, a fully functional cockpit for fishing and water sports (note live well and aft control stations), plus an enclosed aft deck area and a sun-loving foredeck area.
Her accommodations include an on-deck master stateroom with 4 staterooms below plus crew. She is a blue-water, transoceanic design rarely found in yachts this size.
She is ready to cruise anywhere with a fresh paint job and interior upgrade as well as a complete mechanical, electrical, and equipment refit by a knowledgeable owner; making her a bargain by yachting standards.
We have had the pleasure of photographing the Poole Chaffee "Marazul" in beautiful Acapulco, Mexico.
- 2007/2008 Refit
- Jacuzzi on Flybridge
- (3) Generators
- Bypass stack generator at anchor exhaust
- Updated electronics
- And So Much More.....
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by United Yacht Sales. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
Sleeps eight owners and guests in four double staterooms, each with private baths. A convertible office accommodates two more guests. Two crew staterooms accommodate six.
The Owner’s Stateroom is forward on the main deck with a king-size centerline bend. This suite features built-in, blue-lacquered furnishings including two vanities, a settee to port, large cedar-lined, his/hers, mirrored closets (digital safe), overhead deck hatches, and viewing windows with privacy curtains. The owner’s private bath has his/her vanities and a sunken Jacuzzi tub.
Guest quarters are accessed via a stairwell by the galley. To port and forward is a convertible office with a pullout sofa. Opposite is a guest stateroom with a pullout queen lower and a twin Pullman berth. These two rooms share a head with stall shower. Aft to starboard is an en-suite stateroom that allows twin berths to convert to a king centerline. To port is an en-suite, centerline queen stateroom. A linen closet is in the hallway.
Crew quarters are forward with crew lounge, private Captain’s cabin with private head, and four bunks forward with head and stall shower.
Interior furnishings feature maple burl paneling, lacquered wood surfaces, and muted, earth-tone soft goods (all renewed 2008). Baths and heads have new cream-colored marble flooring and countertops (all renewed 2008). Carpeting is beige and renewed (except salon). Overhead panels throughout have been renewed (except salon).
The salon windows have been replaced with new tempered glass windows. The pilothouse windows have been replaced as well (both 2008). New teak and holly flooring and steps, upholstery, and headliners are evident in the pilothouse.
Located forward of the salon and dining room to starboard. It is commercially designed with gourmet preparation for large parties in mind. All stainless steel surfaces and appliances with good flow and accessibility and plenty of under-counter storage. On-deck entrance starboard side.
- Sub-Zero refrigerator (double door stand-up)
- (3) Custom freezers (80 Cubic Ft. – located crew area)
- GE Dishwasher
- Kitchenaid Trash Compactor
- Garbage disposal
- Sharp microwave oven
- (2) Thermador convection ovens
- Meile 6-Burner stove
- Double stainless steel sink
- Twin S/S BBQ grills (propane) on the flybridge
- Dedicated room located aft and starboard of the crew area
- (2) Commercial Maytag washers
- (2) Commercial Maytag dryers
- (2) 47-Gallon hot water heaters
- Bar (salon)
- Sub-Zero 249 refrigerator
- (2) Kitchenaid ice makers
- Drink dispenser with chiller
- U-Line ice maker (flybridge)
Deck and Hull Equipment:
Construction is heavy aluminum alloy #5086 – decks, superstructure. 3 watertight bulkheads (8 partial). 3/8" bottom plating on 3’ center, 5/16" hullside plating. 3/16"x3"x4" L-angle longitudinals on 18" centers (all plating). Boat deck reinforced for heavy loading.
The covered aft deck has a large seating area (all new Sunbrella upholstery – 2008)) with opposing stairways to the cockpit. A large cockpit features a new Pompanette fighting chair and a stainless ladder to the aft flybridge The foredeck has two seating areas (deck storage beneath). The flybridge features a large, U-Shaped settee (all new Sunbrella 2008) with a table under a large bimini top (all new with stainless frame 2008) and another settee facing aft. The flybridge helm has two helm chairs and features a renewed Lexan windshield and S/S frame.
The lazarette is accessed via Freeman deck hatches and houses components for the Atlas shore power converter. New blowers and a fresh coat of paint have been installed.
- (4) Fuel tanks (al) – integral, forward engine room (cleaned and inspected 2008)
- (1) Water tank (al) – beneath crew lounge
- (2) Holding tanks (al) – aft in laundry room bilge and in forward engine room bilge
- T 44"x 39" 4-Blade bronze propellers (non-protected by keel)
- T 3" S/S propeller shafts (shafts and wheels both inspected and balanced 2008) – with new rope cutters on shafts
- T Double-arm strut and stern tube with rubber cutlass bearing for shafting
- Dripless shaft seals
- T Aluminum spade type rudders
- Ideal 220 vac double chain gypsy with vertical rope capstan (rebuilt 2008)
- 300’ Port/500’ Starboard ½" chain with two Danforth 250# anchors (all regalvanized 2008)
- Twin aft deck 220 vac capstans (re-chromed and rebuilt 2008)
- Hydraulic davit – IMT 5016, 6000# rating, 20’ reach (two extensions)
- Novurania 14’ RIB with Yamaha 50 HP (refinished 2008)
- PWC’s (new 2008 and mounted outboard each overhead on the boat deck to allow for more entertaining space)
- Live baitwell (stern) 150 gallons (renewed 2008)
- (8) Rod holders
- (2) Rayline searchlights with remotes (rebuilt 2008)
- Underwater exhaust system
- Air horn (rebuilt 2008)
- Dock lines and fenders
- Portlights with S/S weather shields
- New flybridge and cockpit teak decking (2008)
- New Bomar deck hatches (MSR, Crew)
- Aft flybridge control station
- Complete paint job (Awlcraft 2000 Matterhorn white - 2008)
- Fresh bottom paint (Biocop) (2008)
- Jacuzzi (5pp – Flybridge – 2008)
Engine and Mechanical Equipment:
The engine room is accessed via a watertight door in the cockpit. All equipment is easily accessible. Also featured are two new FRP workbenches, new perforated sound down ceiling panels.
All hoses and plumbing, valves, thru-hulls, injectors, etc. were completely gone through (with many replaced) 2008.
- Twin CAT 3412TA (875 HP) with 250 ZF 3:1 gears (freewheeling capable) Approx. 2,500 hours SMOH (current hours are 3,500)
- 18 gph @1500 rpm-single-engine / 9 kts
- 32 gph @ 1500 rpm-twin-engine /11 kts
- 50 gph @ 1800 rpm-twin-engine/12.5 kts
- Note that engines have underwater exhausts or transom exhausts controlled by valves (renewed 2008)
- Triple Racor FG 1000 water/fuel separators each main
- Dual Racor FG 1000 water/fuel separators each Genset
- Gulf coast fuel polishing system (220vac pump and water alarm – new 2008)
- Fuel transfer system (3 pumps for redundancy)
- Glendenning engine synchronizer
- Hynautic engine controls (rebuilt 2008)
- Wagner hydraulic steering with power assist
- (3) Steering stations with jog, engine, thruster controls
- Air intake (boat deck) and exhaust (hull side) 220 vac fans
- (8) Electric automatic and (2) manual bilge pumps (new 2008)
- Cruisair chilled water air conditioning system (3 compressors, with new digital controls – all renewed 2008)
- Back-up pumps for A/C, grey, and blackwater systems (2008)
- Headhunter freshwater system (2008)
- Hot water heaters (2-2008)
- Naiad roll stabilizers
- Wesmar 50 HP bow thruster (PTO 60kw Genset ) (serviced 2008)
- (2) Watermakers (Sea Recovery and Offshore Marine) – overhauled 2008
- Oil changing system with waste and fresh oil tankage
- Air compressor (engine room)
- Dive compressor system
- Spare parts
- Toolbox with tools
- Emergency diesel 3" water pump
- Emergency 220vac fire pump
- (2) 33# Halon bottles aft each engine with temp sensors
- (17) 5BC and 10BC dry chemical fire extinguishers
- (2) 8-Person Avon life rafts with hydro releases
- (2) Type IV ring buoys with strobe lights
- (19) Type 1 adult and (6) Type 1 child life preservers
- ACR 406 MHz EPIRB
- (2) ACR/RLB-14 class "A" EPIRB – verify
- Bell on the foredeck in new stainless steel frame
- Northern Lights 40 kW genset exhausts to the flybridge
- Northern Lights 60 kW genset
- Northern Lights 20 kW genset (2008)
- Atlas 28 kW Transformer system (100 amp, 190-520vac, 47-63 Hz, single or three-phase Input – 208/60hz 3 phase Output) – serviced 2008
- 110 vac/single phase distribution panel(s)
- 208 vac/three phase distribution panel(s)
- 24/12 VDC distribution panel(s)
- Battery chargers
- Professional Mariner 24vdc (one each ER and FB)
- Professional Mariner 12vdc/50amp (one each ER and FB)
- Battery Banks (describe) - covered boxes
- ER – starboard aft
- FB – starboard forward
- Capac galvanic corrosion monitor – (renewed 2008)
- 24vdc and 120vac Halogen interior
- New Catalupi exterior lighting (2008)
- Navigation and anchor 24 VDC lighting
- 220vac Floodlights (aft boat deck and mast)
- New engine room, lazarette lighting (110vac/24vdc – 2008)
- Underwater lights – transom - 2008
Electronics and Entertainment Equipment:
- Furuno AD 10S Gyro repeater*
- New Ritchie 6" Compass*
- Anshutz Kiel Gyrocompass*
- Robertson AP9 MK II Autopilot (FB and PH)*
- Furuno FR 1510 96 mile Radar with ARPA (PH) – (serviced, 2008)
- Furuno 48 mile Radar (FB) (serviced 2008)
- Furuno FCV522 Video Depth recorder*
- Pinpoint forward-looking sonar system (PH)*
- Icom IC-M80 VHF(s) ( PH)*
- SEA 156 VHF (FB)*
- Raytheon 430 Loudhailer*
- B&G Hercules combi systems (with repeaters MSR, salon, FB) (overhauled 2008)
- Furuno Navtex NX500*
- Northstar 952X GPS receiver*
- HP PC (PH) with Nobletec Navigation 7.0 software, (FB Nauticomp monitor)*
- Icom IC-M700 SSB*
- Furuno/Skanti TRP 8258S SSB*
- Seatel Inmarsat (2008)
- SeaTel SatTv system*
- Collins aircraft radio*
- Visiak/RCA CCTV system*
- Benmar MS3000 Fuel Monitoring system*
- B&G apparent wind gauge (PH)*
- Dytek water temperature gauge
- Simrad Taiyo ADF*
- Fuji Meibo Binoculars (fixed on FB)*
- Panasonic hybrid telephone system with intercom (2008)
- Engine and bilge alarm system (overhauled 2008)
- Sony Disc Explorer 200 (DVD/CD)
- Sony DA4ES digital surround sound amplifier
- Sony VCR
- Karaoke system
- QSC stereo amplifiers (2)
- 42" LCD TV
- Sat receiver
- Viper lasers (for the party animal)
- Harmon Kardon surround sound receiver/amplifier
- JVC VHS
- LCD TV
- RCA DVD player
- Sat receiver
- LCD TV’s with home theater systems
- Sony AM/FM/CD player with QSC amplifiers
"Marazul" features many desirable features not commonly found on yachts under 120’; such as an on-deck master stateroom plus four guest staterooms (US built for easy US charter-ability), transoceanic range, walkaround decks with a 24’ beam, the ability to carry a multitude of water toys and a large cockpit to accommodate serious watersports (including a state-of-the-art SCUBA air compressor).
She has been expertly refit, painted, and redecorated in 2007/2008 and is ready to cruise in all aspects. Experienced yachtsmen will appreciate the heavy aluminum construction and ageless, good looking design.
She affords a unique opportunity to purchase a fine sea-keeping yacht that cannot be duplicated today at triple the price.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.