SINDBAD was originally built as an "Ice Class" trawler in 1962 in Norway.
She has undergone multiple, custom refits, over the years, and had been owned by the same yachting family for over 30 years. Her most recent refit, completed in 2018, was completed at Front Street Shipyard in Belfast, Maine. After the owners passing several years ago, SINBAD was inherited by his son. Feeling an obligation to his father, he embarked on a multi-million exhaustive refit that would have made his father proud.
During the refit, extensive steelwork was completed to the hull, new cap rails were built, and many hatches and doors were replaced. Every piece of equipment in the engine room was replaced- except for the main engine- so it could be sandblasted and painted. From watermakers to air-conditioners to generators, almost everything was replaced. Fuel, freshwater, and black water systems were replaced or rebuilt and hundreds of feet of new wiring were installed bringing her electrical systems up to today's standard.
SINDBAD has an interesting history. Completed in 1962 in Norway, she was the 16th launch following World War II for her builder, A. Eidsvik. She served as a North Sea trawler, measuring about 80 feet (24.38 meters), meant for navigating in icy conditions. With the intent of hunting for polar bears in the Arctic, the original build owner took SINDBAD on the beginning of an adventure...and she is ready to continue that adventure under new ownership.
SINDBAD is currently in donation, with 40% of the purchase price due at closing. The remaining 60% is financed for three years with no interest due.
Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Inc. is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Northrop and Johnson. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel
1. Built in Norway in 1962 as a DNV Ice-Class Trawler to hunt polar bears in the Arctic.
2. Multi-million dollar refit from 2016-2018 at Front Street Shipyard in Belfast, Maine.
3. Currently in donation and available under attractive Bareboat Charter with Option to Purchase.
4. Prior to donation SINDBAD was owned and maintained by the same, knowledgeable, yachting family for 30 years.
5. Three cabins accommodate up to 7 guests; crew accommations for 3.
Steel hull with steel superstructure.
- Length Overall: 80 feet
- Length at Waterline: 69 feet 3 inches
- Beam: 20 feet 4 inches
- Draft: 10 feet 6 inches
- GRT: 95 GRT
- Documented Net Tons: 76 NRT
- 5,200 US Gallons
- 500 US Gallons in Aft Port and Aft Stbd Tanks
- 200 US Gallons in Center Port and Stbd Tanks
- 1,400 US Gallons in Forward Port and Stbd Tanks
- (2) Day tanks- Port & Starboard- 500 US Gallons
- 1,650 US Gallons
- 450 US Gallons in Aft Tank
- 1,200 US Gallons in Forward Tank
- Hot Water: 30 US Gallons
Gray Water Capacity:
- 30 US Gallons
SINDBAD sleeps 7 guests in 3 cabins, all with private en-suites.
The master cabin features a queen size bed with plentiful storage. The forward bow cabin sleeps 2 guests in a double size berth.
Located aft is a guest cabin with a double size berth to port and a single bunk to starboard, sleeping up to 3 guests in 1 cabin.
There is a single berth cabin for the Captain in the Pilothouse. This cabin does not have an attached head. There are single over/under bunks on the foredeck for 2 crew, with private head.
- Main Engine Type: (1) x CAT 3408; Hours (March 2021): 4,685
- Gearbox: ZF Mathers
- Bow Thruster Engine: (1) x Cummins; Hours (March 2021): 414 hours
- Propellors: (4) blade, fixed pitch Bronze alloy
- Fuel Consumption: 1 gallon/nm at 9 knots; range of 4,000 miles; 1100-1200RPM
Generators & Electricity
- (1) x 20 kW Northern Lights (Port) // Hours (March 2021):1,597
- (1) x 36 kW Northern Lights (Starboard) // Hours (March 2021):1,728.6
- (2) x 125/250 volt 50 amp inlets
- Cords: (2) x 50' long, 50 amp
- Marine Air Systems: 120-volt- reverse cycle
- (2) Dometic Cruisair chillers
- Temperature controls: Cruisair, digital
- Watermaker: Dometic SeaXchange XTC; 600 US Gallons/day
- Stabilizers: Koop Nautic 2030 Stabilizer System
- Bow Thruster: Schottel 360 Pump Jet SPJ 15 RD L; take home system; TRC hydraulics / 102 hp; 1695 RPM
- Steering System: Tjenford
- Fuel Filtration: (2) x Racor 75/1000 fuel filters/water separator on main engine and (1) x Racor fuel filter on each generator.
COMMUNICATION & NAVIGATION
- VHF:(1) ICOM IC-M604 radio(1) ICOM IC-M330 radio
- Radiotelephone:Sea 222 SSB radiotelephone
- AIS: Furuno
- Radar: Furuno
- GPS: Furuno GP 1850 W
- Chart Plotter: Northstar 6000i and Furuno Navnet
- Autopilot: Simrad AP 70
- Compass: (1) x Lionel and (1) x Furuno digital sat compass
GALLEY & LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT
- Refrigeration: Stainless steel custom refrigerator
- Freezer: (2) Chest Freezers (guest hallway)
- Cooktop/Oven:4-burner cooktop with GE oven
- Washer: Asko
- Dryer: Asko
- Anchors: (2) steel
- Anchor Windlass: (2) hydraulic
- Davit: Marquipt 1500 lb; foredeck
- Deck Hatches: Warping winch and horn cleat
- Deck prisms: (6) throughout
SAFETY & FIRE EQUIPMENT
- Life Jackets:(12) adult, USCG Type II
- PFD's: (2) Throw rings
- Sound devices: Ship's bell, Dual horns
- Life Rafts: (2) x (6) man canister life rafts
- EPIRB: 406 MHz
- Fire Extinguishers: Dry chemical, throughout
- Fixed System: SEA-FIRE-FM-200 clean agent; KIDDE FM-200 clean agent
- SINDBAD is currently in donation.
- At closing, 40% of the purchase price is due.
- The remaining 60% is financed over 3 years with no interest.