A recent study indicates that boat shows are indeed one of the top influencers of boat-buying decisions, and ultimately lead to sales. Foresight Research conducted a survey that looked at over three thousand new boat buyers who purchased boats between January 2009 and August 2010. According to the survey, radio, newspaper and television ads are the key ways that consumers find out about boat shows. Here are some other interesting findings that attest to the effectiveness of boat shows when it comes to sales:
- Buyers reported that they attended an average of 1.8 boat shows before making their purchase.
- 61% of boat show participants reported they got the information they needed to make their buying decision.
- 64% of participants go to a boat show planning to visit the brand they wish to purchase.
- Consumers spend an average of 49 minutes looking at the brand of boat they ultimately purchased.
- The average time between a boat show and when the purchase occurs is 3.3 months later.
- 41% of participants said they attended boat shows as a child.
This shows the importance of making boat shows family-friendly, as it creates a lasting impression on future boat buyers. Although consumers may not purchase boats right away at the show, the study finds that boat shows are effective in giving people information they need for a purchase in the near future.
Atlantic Yacht and Ship exhibits at several boat shows throughout the year, including the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, to provide sound advice and expertise to anyone interested in purchasing or selling a boat. Located in Fort Lauderdale, the yachting capital of the world, Atlantic Yacht and Ship offers free boat appraisals as well as an extensive listing of yachts for sale including Sunseeker, Horizon, Trinity and hundreds of other brands of motor yachts. See the full yacht listing here or use the yacht search feature.