Atlantic Yacht and Ship developed the new Atlantic 115 project specifically to fill a gap in the US market for raised pilothouse designs over 110 and under 120 feet. This is the first yacht that has been named after the brokerage house as a stand alone brand.
The Atlantic 115 offers more standard features for less money than any other brand world wide.
The Atlantic 115 can be ordered with either the owner on the main deck or as an alternative, a “Country Kitchen” version forward.
(Created for East Coast US, Bahamas and Caribbean)
“In 2020 a big and beautiful surprise is coming to American Yachting.”
Atlantic Yacht and Ship is involved with HeySea shipyard for the construction of the new and exciting Atlantic 115. This raised pilothouse design has been created by the renowned European designer, Jure Bukavec, expressly for American use from the keel up. The latest trends in yacht design look for maximum window sizes, Cabana/ Beach Club space aft, more beam, prop tunnels, zero speed stabilization, plenty of shade from the sun and as much sun as you want, all at the same time. American engineering goes into each Atlantic 115, and is made beautiful by the European Design. With 100,000 plus hours of construction in each yacht, the buyer gains value through Atlantic’s management and Atlantic’s use of Asian labor cost efficiency.
The Atlantic team that created and brought to the market the King Baby at 140 feet 2 years ago, then the Serenity at 133 feet last year, is the same team that joined forces to make the Atlantic 115 truly special to see, touch, and experience.
To create something new and special in yachting today is less about invention and more about truly understanding what people want, need, and expect when they buy a yacht. The long experience regarding tried and true features is what most of the buyers are seeking. During the design process, Joe Marino and Doug Hoogs met with many top captains who are knowledgeable about Private and Charter use in US waters and also into the Bahamas and Caribbean. We closely followed these captain’s suggestions for each feature that would give the utmost luxury, comfort, and fun to the owner and guests while still offering a special large and open environment in the crew area.
Atlantic 115 special features allow you to have it all!
- 20 knot cruise speed
- Shallow draft of 5 feet and 8 inches under the keel,
- Wide beam 26 feet.
- Tank tested and well engineered hull form.
- Spada bow adds extra comfort and fuel economy at every speed.
- CAT power C32, Northern Lights Generators, Dometic Air conditioning, HeadHunter toilets and MSD. (Just to name a few)
- 5 stateroom layout with the owner on the main deck. The Cabana aft easily converts to a 6th
- Owner on main deck forward offers 270 degrees of visibility plus a private terrace at the bow.
- Convertible VIP on the lower deck to function as the second owner’s full beam stateroom.
- Country Kitchen version available upon request
- Cabana/Beach Club aft is a very versatile space for day or night
- OpacMare Transformer the hydraulic platform that is suitable for swimming, scuba diving, passerelle, and tender deployment.
- Large windows throughout the design, completely opens up the interior with natural light and more scenic views of the world around the yacht.
- Headroom is 8 feet in the main salon.
- No step ledges inside that may cause a person to trip.
- Large sliding doors in the salon to port, starboard, and aft.
- Sundeck powder room inside the mast design.
- Large Jacuzzi hot tub on the Sundeck and/or the Foredeck
- American Bow Thruster brand stabilizers are oversized for maximum comfort even at anchor with STAR.
- Bow and stern thruster by American Bow Thruster offer maximum maneuverability in the harbor.
- Skeg keel in between the prop tunnels is the deepest point below the stabilizers, props, and rudders in case you are navigating in a shallow channel or reef in the Bahamas.
- Range 2,000+ miles could keep the ship at sea for weeks at a time deep in the island chain.
- RINA Class, MCA (LY3) documentation allows for commercial charter usage anywhere, which is an added resale value feature.
About Joe Marino– as the founder of AYS
Joe Marino is a Broker and Co-Owner of Atlantic Yacht and Ship. With over 35 years of experience in the yachting industry, Joe is an asset to the company with an extensive background and skill set. From coastal Vietnam to the Mediterranean, Asia, and Caribbean, Joe Marino’s career has been worldwide. With transatlantic and transpacific crossings, his experience at sea counts. A U.S. Navy Vietnam Veteran, Joe has virtually worked in all facets of the marine industry. Joe has a wide variety of experiences, including commercial vessels, charter yacht captain, and overseeing new construction in Australia, China, Holland, Italy, and Taiwan. Joe’s broad knowledge of vessels and ancillary systems gives him the technical background that is the foundation of his career and an upper hand to his competition. Specializing in European vessels, Joe has exceptional knowledge in foreign purchases and deliveries. Over the years, Joe has established repeat and referral business due to his superior customer service standards. Joe has sold yachts to clients from over 40 countries around the world. Joe specializes in large motor yachts and European manufacturers. As the senior partner of Atlantic Yacht & Ship, Joe continues to steer his clients in the right direction and firmly believes in building lifelong friendships along the way. Joe celebrates 35 years with the firm and continues to enjoy his passion for yachting and sharing his knowledge!
About Doug Hoogs– 115 project development
Doug Hoogs is a licensed captain for over 50 years. He has devoted the past 30 years to new yacht construction in both power and sail yachts. He has learned from personal experience as a captain, as a builder, and as the marketing and sales representative… what the American yacht owner expects from their patronage. Doug has helped many builders and their clients in developing their designs and organizing their construction teams. He has consulted in the build process in the US, Italy, and China with successful results and with an eye toward quality and budget constraints.
In 2000, Doug co-owned his own virtual shipyard company in Viareggio, Italy, and constructed the Genesis 153 on speculation for his investors. The yacht was built on time, on budget, on quality, and sold the yacht to the first customer that came aboard in 2002.
On the marketing and sales front, Doug has long experience bringing the yacht from the shipyard environment into the US market and facilitating the eventual sale of the yacht. Doug recognizes that the yacht builders must have a well organized after sale service and warranty agenda. He has personally managed this work for the builder to enhance the satisfaction of the yacht owner.
About Brent DeSellier – 115 project development
With hard-earned savings, Brent bought his first boat at the age of 12. Needless to say, it re-defined the term “fixer-upper”! His love of boating blossomed, and he has been on the water ever since. He spent his younger years boating in New England waters while docked in Old Saybrook, CT, and he still enjoys cruising around Long Island sound in the summertime. As destiny would have it, Brent is now based in the yachting capital of the world with his wife, Brianne. He is familiar with both local Floridian cruising and the rejuvenating tropical waters of the Bahamas. He also enjoys scuba diving whenever possible. While attending the University of Miami, Brent submerged himself in the luxury yachting industry with part-time and internship work. As would be expected, upon graduating he went directly into the yacht brokerage business. In addition to his experience with the domestic market, Brent has also facilitated exports to Europe and Japan. Along with fully utilizing the time-tested techniques of traditional yacht brokerage, Brent’s command of state-of-the-art internet marketing technology provides superior exposure in today’s changing marketplace. Brent is an active member of both the Florida Yacht Brokers Association and the Young Professionals in Yachting organization. He also serves on the board of directors for the Freedom Waters Foundation. As a broker at Atlantic Yacht &Ship, Brent confidently guides his clients through either the buying or selling process. His expertise, integrity, and energy consistently yield positive results, and his strong customer service orientation and caring approach build long-lasting friendships.
Evolution of the Atlantic 115 Concept
- Joe and Doug met with many experienced American yacht owners and Captains to define the key project elements that would excite the American buyer.
- The specification of systems and features for owners, guests and crew come from many years of private ownership and operations, and after 100’s of successful charters that span 5 decades in modern yachting.
- This decidedly European exterior style of the Atlantic 115 is by Jure Bukavec of Unielle Design. Jure also designed the interior for American taste for a quite handsome and long lasting décor concept.
- The Hull has been tank tested to meet RINA Commercial Class, and MCA LY3 quality requirements.
- The Engineering is embracing usage and conditions found in the US waters.
About the Builder
- HeySea Yachts has delivered over 100 yachts, of custom and production design over the past 10 years.
- Their ownership and management staff are University Graduate Naval Architects and Marine Engineers.
- They have a large CAD engineering staff controlling the quality of every design detail in 3D before anything gets to the shop floor for maximum accuracy and fitment.
- With over 300 employees, HeySea is able to turn out many units of the Atlantic 115 each year, which greatly shortens the buyer’s waiting time.
- HeySea has a modern full service construction facility with climate controlled build conditions to preserve the interior furnishings and cabinetry during the build process
Looking For A Used Atlantic?
CatamaranFlorida, United States.
Aft CabinFlorida, United States.
TrawlersFlorida, United States.
Motor YachtsGeorgia, United States.
DaysailersDelaware, United States.