82' Horizon Motor Yacht CAROL ANNThis 82' Horizon Motor Yacht IS A TEN! Starting forward on the main deck is the full beam aft deck with settee, large dining table, wet bar and port and starboard stairs to the swim platform. Next, entering CAROL ANN's main salon, one is greeted by the warm, inviting atmosphere created by a combination of piano-finished high-gloss cherry wood cabinetry with camphor burl inlays and trim. The use of rich textured fabrics, wall coverings and carpeting with indirect halogen lighting further enhance the ambiance of the room. Forward and two steps up from the salon is the country kitchen with gourmet galley, dining area and powder room/day head. Port and starboard aircraft style side entry doors are located between the galley and dinette. Immediately to starboard is a curved stairwell leading up to the flybridge/helm. Another stairwell forward, to starboard, leads down to the full beam master stateroom with his and hers baths, VIP guest stateroom and twin guest stateroom both with en-suite heads. The captain and crew staterooms/utility room is aft of the engine room, on the lower decks accessed from the interior via a stairwell on the port side aft in the main salon or through the swim platform door.
SalonThe spacious main salon is accessed directly from the aft deck through a stainless steel framed glass sliding door. To starboard is the recently reupholstered comfortable L-shaped settee, custom cherry wood cabinetry with a side table and wide custom wet bar that retracts when not in use. On the port side of the salon is an entertainment center that features a 42" plasma screen TV monitor(2015) and a remote controlled electric lift which disappears into the cabinetry. In addition, state of the art audio components offer six channel Dolby Digital home theater surround sound. Forward of the settee and entertainment center console are two upholstered chairs each with an ottoman and an additional table. A variety of lighting which allows different options to create many different moods, from subtle ambiance to day-bright reading light. Custom blinds and drapes behind cherry wood frames control privacy and light.
GalleySpacious "country kitchen" style galley with excellent storage located forward of the salon with granite counter tops, all new appliances, and varnished teak cabin sole with holly inlay. Open configuration includes a wide U-shaped settee at the forward end. Includes leather upholsteries with hide away leather top stools. A 10" LCD thin-screen TV on a swivel bracket is mounted under the overhead galley cabinets making it visible form the dining table or galley. All appliances are new as of 2015 (except microwave & trash compactor), to include:
• GE Profile oven
• GE Profile dishwasher
• GE Profile microwave
• Sub Zero two door refrigerator/freezer
• Broan compactor
• Teak & Holly sole
Master StateroomFull beam master stateroom with a king size center-line berth with storage beneath. Built-in nightstands flank the bed on either side. On the starboard side is a built-in upholstered seat and additional dresser. The aft bulkhead of the stateroom is mirrored in sunburst pattern lending to the feeling of spaciousness. Masterful joiner work with curved cherry wood doors open to his and her closets. A 24" HD TV (2015) with a VCR and stereo system built in above the TV cabinet.
On either side of the berth are entry doors to his and her baths. The baths are separated be an oversized Jacuzzi tub with shower. Travertine marble floors and counters, Jadco fixtures, Headhunter heads and high gloss cherry/camphor wood trim.
VIP StateroomImpressive VIP guest stateroom located forward. Features include a queen size center-line berth with storage below, 2 hanging lockers, HD TV with built-in VCR and an AM/FM stereo. The bulkhead is mirrored in a sunburst pattern similar to the master. Built-in night stands are on either side of the berth. The en-suite bath includes an oversize stall shower, Headhunter head, Jadco fixtures, and Travertine marble floors and counters.
Guest StateroomThe guest stateroom has twin berths separated by a built-in night stand with storage drawers below. Possible options to slide 2 berths together to provide an additional double. A 10" flat screen TV is built in overhead. A bath with stall shower, Travertine marble floors and counters, Vacuflush head, and Grohe fixtures en-suite.
Captain & Crew QuartersCaptain Quarters:
Comfortable aft crew quarters with captain's cabin with double berth with custom innerspring mattress. Built-in night stand with drawers below, adjustable halogen reading light and hanging locker. A 13" TV (2013) is built into the overhead.
Crew cabin with upper and lower berths. The upper berth is hinged and swings down to convert to a lounge. A 32" high built-in chest of drawers serves as a night stand and has a pull out desk top extension. A 13" TV (2013) is built into the overhead. The crew's cabin and captain’s cabin are both finished in high cherry & camphor with the same attention to details as is found throughout.
Aft of the crew's cabin, on the port side, is the utility/storage room with abundant storage in cabinets that are built-in overhead and below. Sub Zero freezer and refrigerator, one double storage closet plus additional closet. To starboard, aft is a concealed 2 burner cook top and utility sink and built-in wine cooler. The floor and gangways aft are covered in marine blue Pirelli rubber tiles. It is, also, equipped with a stacked washer and dryer that was added in 2015.
FlybridgeForward of the salon to starboard is a stairway leading to the flybridge. This area is divided into three sections. The forward third is dedicated to the helm station with 2 new Stidd helm chairs (2015) and a stainless steel destroyer style wheel. The 3 new overhead hatches on the bridge above the helm station provide additional light and ventilation. The electronics array of gauges and controls are wall placed. Flush-mounted electronics are mounted on a new face panel with a drawing of CAROL ANN with location lights for equipment. Aft of the helm, to starboard, with a new built-in banquet with seating for 6. Across and aft of the helm to port is a built-in wet bar with refrigerator and icemaker. Just aft on the port side is a built-in love seat. The aft end of the flybridge to starboard is a built-in cabinet containing an ob-deck built-in freezer and work space. To port is a storage cabinet for glasses, etc. Further aft is a rebuilt 2015 1,500lbs Nautical Structures davit. The entire flybridge is enclosed with EZ2CY and is air conditioned/heated with 24,000 BTU's. The flybridge, also, has a TV (2013). Custom grill station with gas infra-red grill, 3 stainless steel drawers and stainless steel cabinet door.
ElectronicsMost of the Garmin equipment was new in the fall of 2013 with updated screens installed in 2015.
• Garmin Autopilot (2016)
• Garmin (2) 7215 15" color display with Wifi (2013)
• Garmin Digital Radar open array (2015)
• Garmin (2) 4" multi-function display (2015)
• Garmin AIS transceiver-transmit and receive (2013)
• All new custom dash panel
• Standard Horizon VHF (2) radios (2013)
• Caterpillar "engine version" LCD color display ($40,000)
• XM radio-XM weather
• Wifi Amplifier
• Twin 1400hp Diesels IB 2001 fresh water cooled Caterpillar 3412E's - 2680 & 2650hrs
• Caterpillar electronic fuel management system
• Caterpillar 15" digital engine display
• Caterpillar electronic synchronizers
• (2) Northern Lights - 32kw & 29kw; 850hrs port & 2860hrs starboard
• Zahnradfabrik BW195 BD3453 transmissions 2.03:1 ratios
• Fuel transfer pump
• Engine block heaters
• Fuel prime pumps
• Oil transfer system, oil pressure & temperature alarms
• Engine room sound installation
• Bilge blowers
• Fuel shut-off valves
• Dripless shaft logs
• Engine temperature alarm
• American hydraulic bow thruster 37hp and emergency engine stops Hynautic engine controls
• 80hp hydraulic pump on port engine for thrusters and windlasses
• 800gal/day Sea Recovery water maker
• Heads- Headhunter fresh water system
• Naiad stabilizers - serviced in 2015
• Hynautic power hydraulic wheel steering/shift/thrust
• 120,000btu Marine Air chilled water air conditioning system
• (3) 5 ton staged chillers
• Back-up air conditioner water pump
• AC water pump & DC water pump
• (4) bilge pumps
• (2) 20gal water heaters
• High water alarm
• Air induction pump
• Water filtration system
• Smoke alarm
• Exits stern exhaust system
• 100gal holding tank & gray water sump tank
• Walker air seps
Notable ExtrasNEW 2016
• Custom made glass windshield extension from windshield frame to hardtop with windshield wipers
• Custom made stainless steel ladder from bridge hardtop to access top of hardtop
• New TVs total of 9
• Underwater blue lights
• Sunpad & bow seats
• Bottom painted
• AGM engine batteries
• New electronics
• New galley appliances including Sub Zero "Reggie" galley
• New interior upholstery including master headboard and seat
• 1,500lbs lift davit - total rebuild
• New props & cutlass bearings & shaft service
• Washer & dryer installed
• Dining & salon upholstery
• Bedding in all staterooms
• (3) custom bars added to the salon, aft deck, & bridge
• All canvas (main deck)
• Helm seats
• Freezer topside
• A/C chillers
• A/C air handlers crew, salon, & master
• Refrigerator bridge & cockpit
• Windshield & wipers (upgrade from Plexiglas)
• Fishing equipment
• Tools & non-specific parts
• Personal art work