Original in Power Boating, Completely Refurbished!
Perhaps no boat in power boating history has equaled the worldwide
popularity of the original deep-V - the Bertram 31. Key to the continued
popularity of the Bertram 31 on the used boat market is her legendary
rough water sea keeping ability and her rugged construction. The last
Bertram 31 was built in 1986, yet the iconic design remains popular and
many continue to be refurbished. The Double Deacon was completely
restored in 2010 and re-powered with Yanmar diesels - just over 500
hours. Engines have just been serviced.
was taken down to her bare hull and was re-wired and re-plumbed. A new
fuel tank was installed and she features a fiberglass cockpit deck and a
transom fish box. Further, the Double Deacon features a custom teak
interior, custom flybridge with single lever controls, and a diesel
generator. She has air-conditioning and heat. She was fully painted and
has a half-tower and hardtop. Also, spray rails were added to her
bottom and she is much drier than the traditional Bertram 31.
The Double Deacon is a must see! Save yourself time and money - buy one that has already been refurbished.
The Bertram 31 went into production in 1961. Over 2,000 31's were built in her two decades of production. The Double Deacon is a flybridge cruiser model - meaning she has the cabin bulkhead aft and a stand-up head.
Known for their large and spacious cockpit, the Double Deacon has a highly functional cabin as well. Her diesel generator provides for air-conditioning while on the water, along with other 120v systems on board.
While known for their great sea-keeping ability, the Bertram 31 also has a reputation as being a wet boat. However, the Double Deacon had spray rails added during her refurbishment and she is a much dryer Bertram 31!
The Double Deacon features a fiberglass cockpit deck - not the original wood deck covered in Nautilex. Further, there is a built-in transom fishbox. The 31's were known for their huge cockpit and the cushioned engine boxes make for great seating.
- Fiberglass cockpit deck
- Built-in transom fish box/livewell
- Freshwater and saltwater washdown systems- starboard side
- Cushions for engine boxes
- Removable ladder on starboard engine box to bridge
- Stainless steel corner hawse pipes/cleats
- (6) flush mount rod holders in gunwales
- 30 amp shore power inlet - to port
- (5) hatches to access bilge spaces
- (2) recessed lights under hardtop overhang
Entry to the cabin is through a centerline door between the two engine boxes. To starboard is the enclosed head. Forward of the head is a counter with under counter refrigeration. To port is a lounge area. Forward is a V-berth.
- Teak privacy door to head
- Recessed light overhead
- Teak framed mirror
- Stainless steel sink
- Hot and cold water pull out faucet/shower
- Floor drain
- Storage locker beneath counter
- GFCI outlet
- Jabsco head
The galley is to starboard and forward of the enclosed head. Great amenities for the day trip or longer!
- Decorative countertop
- Stainless steel sink and single lever faucet
- GFCI receptacle
- Hamilton Beach microwave - on counter
- (4) drawers under counter
- Isotherm refrigerator - dual voltage - under counter
- Recessed lighting over galley
- Teak/holly sole
Entering the cabin, there is an L-shaped settee to port - across from the head and galley area. The entire cabin has air-conditioning and heat.
- L-shaped settee with seat and back cushions
- (4) storage lockers underneath
- Access to storage also available beneath cushions
- (3) recessed lights overhead
- Teak/holly sole
- Access hatches to bilge area equipment
All the way forward is the spacious V-berth. The berth area has air-conditioning and heat.
- Teak/holly sole - hatches to bilge space
- V-berth cushions
- Storage beneath cushions
- Carpeted side walls
- Mirrored forward bulkhead with anchor rode access
- 120v electrical panel to port
- Remote start for generator under port electrical panel
- 12v panel to starboard
- AC control to starboard - Marine Air Systems - digital
- Overhead hatch
- (4) recessed lights - 2 per side on separate switches
- V-berth air-conditioning and heat
The Double Deacon features a custom flybridge. There is a teak Murray Brothers chair and a custom aluminum half-tower with a hardtop. Single lever controls are great for backing on that monster fish or around the dock.
- Teak Murray Brother's chair with cushions/cover - stainless steel pedestal
- Custom helm pod - single lever controls
- Two step ladder off of starboard engine box to the bridge
- (5) rod holders on aft rail - gold color
- Custom aluminum frame half-tower with fiberglass hardtop
- Dome on hardtop for radar
- Recessed teaser reels in hardtop - Reel Colors
- Hardtop has recessed LED navigation lights and cockpit lights
- Custom mast light on top of hardtop
- 3-sided enclosure with u-zip panels
- Stainless steel steering wheel - tilts
- Port/starboard storage lockers - under helm
- Rupp flybridge release outriggers - double spreader
- Bilge pump control at helm - 3 pumps
- (2) drink holders
- (2) recessed lights in hardtop
The Double Deacon had all new electronics added during her refurbishment. Great electronics package by Garmin.
- (2) Garmin 5212 12' touch screen displays - radar, plotter and sounder
- Open array antenna on hardtop
- (2) Icom VHF's - IC- M504 - mounted under hardtop
- Dytek ST 500 sea water temperature gauge
- Ritchie compass
- Garmin GHC-10 autopilot
- Electronic engine gauges - Mas-Technologies
- Fuel gauge at helm
The Double Deacon's systems were completely redone during her refurbishment. Highlights include new Yanmar diesels, Fischer Panda diesel generator, all new wiring with new electrical panels and air-conditioning in the cabin.
- Fischer Panda diesel generator - shows 575.7 hours - with soundshield
- Marine Air Systems Air-conditioning/heat
- Twin Yanmar diesels @ 315 HP - approximately 450 hours
- ZF transmissions - ZF 63A
- All new running gear
- New 210 gallon fuel tank - aluminum coated with rhino lining
- Dripless shaft seals
- Racor fuel filtration
- (3) Battery switches - Blue Sea Systems
- (4) High performance AGM batteries - Bluetop - to starboard for Yanmars
- Generator battery - to port
- Guest battery charger - to starboard
- GFCI outlet in each engine compartment
During her refurbishment, the Double Deacon was stripped to her bilge. All systems were replaced and the boat is loaded with amenities for your pleasure and safety. The front windshield has been removed and is now a fiberglass enclosure. The side windows were replaced with one-piece glass panels.
- (2) Jabsco Par-Max Ultra Pumps - fresh and saltwater systems
- Engine box insulation
- High water bilge alarm
- (3) Rule 2000 bilge pumps with Rule-A-Matic Plus float switches
- Covered battery boxes
- Bronze thru hulls/sea cocks
- Holding tank with Y-valve
- Waste outlet on deck - to port
- Shower sump pump
- Hot water heater
- Aluminum bow rail
- Dual cleats at bow, spring cleats and stern cleats
- Grab rails - port and starboard sides
- Blister job performed at refurbishment - epoxy coated
- Spray rails added to hull bottom makes her much dryer
- Anchor on bow deck
Owner's personal gear does not convey - to include tools and fishing gear.
While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent.