The 1989 Hatteras 78 Extended Cockpit Motor Yacht, Bella Sophia, offers the beauty and rugged build
quality of a classic Hatteras. Bella Sophia is a 4 stateroom boat with Detroit Diesel 12V92's that was
hauled out in July 2015 and had the bottom painted with propspeed, new rudder bearings installed,
and a new watermaker pump.
Bella Sophia sleeps 8 owners and guests in 4 staterooms. Master Aft Cabin S/R features king
berth, walk in locker storage, lacquered cabinetry with custom wall coverings and vaulted ceilings.
36" Flatscreen TV w/Direct TV.
Ensuite head and Jacuzzi tub.
VIP stateroom has queen berth,
32" Flat Screen TV, private head with shower and
Guest stateroom features lower twin berths, head w/ shower across
Other guest stateroom features upper and lower berth w/storage, TV, head & shower
Upon entering Bella Sophia, the starboard side of the salon has a L-Shaped beige leather sofa with a wood coffee table. To the port there is a built in entertainment center with granite countertops, housing a 42" built in Vizio Flatscreen TV, DVD player, Direct TV, and a Clarion CD/AM/FM stereo tuner with surround sound. The salon also features a beveled glass dining table with 6 white leather chairs with custom overhead lighting. Just forward of the Dining table there is a banquet station with granite countertops. Private access to aft cabin master suite via salon.
Forward of the salon is the fully equipped galley with a dinette to starboard for informal dining. The galley has custom granite countertops with ample cabinets and drawers for storage. Updated GE refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Country style galley
- JEN AIR Oven
- GE Refrigerator
- GE microwave
- Dual sink w/ garbage disposal
- Whirlpool dishwasher
- Whirlpool trash compactor
- Stbd side dinette w/ granite tabletop
- Granite Countertops
- Amtico floors
- Ample overhead cabinets
- Storage compartments below galley dinette seating
The wheelhouse is forward of the galley. Port and starboard sliding doors access the side decks and entry gates. There is a double wide cushioned seat with chart storage drawers below flacked by a storage locker on the port side. The helm console is centerline offering the helmsman excellent visibility and access to all navigation equipment. A stainless steel ladder on the starboard side of the wheelhouse leads up to the flybridge. A curved stairwell forward on the starboard side of the wheelhouse leads down to the guest staterooms.
- Port & Stbd sliding doors w/windows
- Centerline helm station
- Halogen chart light
- Cushioned leather helm seat w/ chart drawers beneath
- Storage lockers
- Stainless steel ladder to flybridge
- A/C distribution Panel
- Shore power panels
- Systems monitor
- Hynautic steering
- CO2 fire suppression controls
- DC ship service
- Rudder angle indicator
- Start-stop switches
- Garmin 4208 GPS/ Chartplotter
- Furuno 72 Mile Radar
- Robertson AP9 Autopilot
- Garmin VHF 100
- VDO Gauges - Volts / Gear Oil Pressure / Gen Oil Pressure / Gen Water Pump / Gear Oil temp /Eng. oil pressure/ Eng. water temp
- Raymarine depth gauge
- RI40 Robertson rudder angle indicator
- Bennett trim tab indicator
- Start stop switches
- Engine room surveillance camera
- Weems & Path barometer
- Raymarine loudhailer
The engine room is accessed through the main salon stairway just forward of the master suite. Bella Sophia is powered by twin Detroit Diesel 12V92's. The large engine room allows you to access any area within the engine room, and has ample lighting.
- Detroit Diesel 12V92 1080HP
- Port Engine - 2027 hrs / Stbd Engine - 2076 hrs
- 30gal fresh oil tank w/ oil change system
- Custom watermaker - 1600 GPD
- Raycor fuel filters
- Naaid stabilizer system
- CO2 fire suppression system
- DC breaker panel
- AC distribution panel
- Air compressor
- Freshwater pumps
- Hot water heater
- Glendenning engine RPM sync's
Forward Generator Room
- (2) Onan 20KW Generators
- Fwd Gen. 5200hrs / Aft Gen. 4500hrs
- (7) cruisair A/C units
The full width master stateroom with king size bed is accessed by a spiral staircase from the stbd side of salon. She features a cedar lined walk-in closet and tecma vacu-flush toilet with full size Jacuzzi jet tub.
- Full beam aft cabin master suite
- Port side outboard love seat
- 32" flatscreen TV mounted on wall w/ Direct TV and DVD player
- Full cedar lined walk in closet w/ lockable master cabinets
- Stbd side has built in dressers w/ ample storage
- Ensuite head w/ full tub and tecma vacu-flush toilets
- His and hers nightstands with reading lamps
- King size bed
- Bolted in safe
- Dimmer controlled lighting
Forward of the wheelhouse and down the stairs are the 3 guest staterooms and foyer. All the way forward is the guest stateroom/crew quarters that has upper and lower berths with ensuite head and shower. Slightly aft is the guest stateroom with 2 twin single berth beds and a full bath with shower in the foyer. The lower foyer aft has a washer/dryer, pantry and access to the queen VIP suite with ensuite bath.
- 16" Flatscreen TV mounted on wall
- Built in dressers
- His and hers reading lamps
- Hanging locker w/ accordion door
- Queen size bed
- 2 twin beds w/ dressers built in under beds
- 16" flatscreen tv
- Storage locker below TV
- Reading lamp
- Full head with shower across the foyer w/ techma head
Forward Suite / Crew Quarters
- Upper and lower twin size beds
- Full size head with shower
- 6 built in dressers
- Overhead storage across from upper berth
- Hanging locker
- 16" flatscreen TV
- Fixed safe
The flybridge is accessed by a spiral stainless steel staircase on the stbd side of the wheelhouse.
- Island countertop w/ sink and 4 stainless steel bar stools
- Aft U-shaped wrap around seating w/ 2 cocktail tables
- Centerline mast
- Retractable mast
- 2 helm chairs and helm station
- Franklin chef ice maker
- Scotsman compact refrigerator
- 12 person life raft
The cockpit extension was completed by AMT in 2005.
- 10 ft bench seating w/ adjusting table
- Aft deck overhead lighting
- Large ice freezer
- Jenn-Air grill w/ sink
- Freshwater wash down
- 6 stainless steel rod holders
- Port Side docking station
- U-line ice maker
- Ample storage space
- Polished stainless steel plow anchor w/ galvanized chain
- Spare stainless steel anchor
- Bow pulpit w/ rails
- Hatteras anchor chute
- Anchor wash down
- (2) dunnage lockers
- (2) stainless steel fender holders
- Stainless steel bow rail
- New varnished teak side rails w/ stainless steel stanchions & lifelines
- Foredeck hatch
- Foredeck molded in seating w/ cushions & cover
- Foredeck sunpad w/ cover
- Dual trumpet air horns
- 5 trumpet air horn
- ARC search light
- Marquipt tide runner ladder
- Dockside freshwater connection
- ARC EPIRB
- Underwater lights
- Boat hook
- Port & Stbd shore power outlets
- Port - (2) 240 50amp, (1) 120 50amp
- Stbd - (2) 240 50amp, (1) 120 50amp
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- (2) spare props
- Auxiliary diesel tank
- Auxiliary gasoline tank
Maintenance & Upgrades
- 200k refit in 2005
- Rudders pulled and bearing replaced 15'
- Stabilizers pulled and serviced - actuators and feedback replaced 12'
- Seacocks and strainers replaced 12'
- All hoses and clams below deck replaced 12'
- 3 new Techma Silence Plus heads 12'
- Hull to deck joints resealed 12'
- Both Generator exhaust hoses and mufflers replaced 12'
- Bottom painted with propspeed 15'
- New carpet 12'
- New batteries 12'
- Shaft seals serviced 15'