FLIBS 2011 Debuts Brand-New Gadgets, Amped Up Performance Specs
Aqua Design's camouflaged hunter's masks. Courtesy: Florida Sportsman
The 2011 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is over, and Atlantic Yacht & Ship
is proud to have enjoyed great success for another year! And, as the Sun Sentinel reports, this weekend’s heavy rainfall didn’t prevent sales from going up.
New boats and marine gadgets were the name of the game at this year’s Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, from revved up horsepower to waterproof fanny packs. Here are some highlights from Florida Sportsman
- Huge offshore center-console boats rigged with even more horsepower, as well as reasonably-priced models designed to compete with used-boat prices. Another trend includes well-known offshore center console companies moving into the inshore market.
- Scout Boats’ new 177 Series of boats, with four different models. Base price $19,995.
- A 36-foot Yellowfin built for the Texas Highway Patrol. Complete with two machine guns, triple Mercury 4-strokes and suspension seating for speedy chases.
- Seahead’s ClikPack, a belt add-on pack that is completely waterproof up to 85 feet.
- SeaSucker’s vacuum-mount system that allows you to mount just about anything to your boat without having to drill a single hole. Mount iPads, cameras, phones and anything else you can imagine.
- Aqua Design’s sun mask for hunters. The rippled design comes in different colors, and helps to camouflage your clothing from game and fish.
- Mercury marine’s brand-new 4-stroke 150 hp outboard. Wow.
Whether you came to the show with intentions of investing in any of the amazing yachts for sale
or new or used boats for sale
, the 52nd
Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show had a little something for everyone. From the latest tech gadgets to new and improved performance specs, marine companies brought their best this year. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show may be over, but if you are still interested in a boat or yacht for sale, contact Atlantic Yacht & Ship today to browse hundreds of listings from top manufacturers.